• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off-duty cop, OCing, shoots, kills firefighter.

Dave_pro2a

No rebuttal? Is it different when former gang members stand up to you than cops? I expected a little more lip out of you. Not that it isn't entertaining to watch you gurgle the same stupid anti-cop crap every other welfare loving retard does.

You're probably just bashing Ofc. Hubbard because your wife emasculates you and this is how you cope. Sad little boy. Get lost.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Not very original as personal insults go. 4th grade level.

Dave_pro2a

No rebuttal?

Ok.

Did the librarian take an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States? How about the UPS driver? Or is he maybe a Brown Institute student doing work study?

There is not a police officer in America capable of actually honoring such an oath. They are required to break it on a daily basis to enforce unconstitutional laws.

But sis boom bah, for the 'Hero's in blue' http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2023001443_councilmeetingxml.html

wimwag

Did you reply to my one post two times? Aren't you the big girl on campus!

Dave_pro2a

Did you reply to my one post two times? Aren't you the big girl on campus!

Ahh he complains about no reply, then he complains about an extra reply.

Excellent :)

Try a rebuttal instead if name calling. Maybe a rebuttal that doesn't involve blind patriotism.

Last edited:

Primus

OC for ME

GZ did what he had to do and most of us here supported his act. Officer Hubbard deserves no less consideration or support. Good shoot.

Get well soon Officer Hubbard and return to work soon[SUP]1[/SUP].

[SUP]1[/SUP] I know, Officer Hubbard likely won't read my post but it deserves to be stated again.

wimwag

Really? And what unconstitutional laws do I enforce? Please do tell.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Don't waste your time. He purposely fails to distinguish between reasonable regulation and infringement. Ignorance suits him.

Primus

GZ did what he had to do and most of us here supported his act. Officer Hubbard deserves no less consideration or support. Good shoot.

Get well soon Officer Hubbard and return to work soon[SUP]1[/SUP].

[SUP]1[/SUP] I know, Officer Hubbard likely won't read my post but it deserves to be stated again.

+100 well said.

DocWalker

I don't think as a bystander I could have just filmed, I would have had to assist the officer get the guy into custody. They can sort it out after that and see who was right and wrong.

1. The officer put himself in a bad spot without backup.
2. The firefighter appeared drunk and not thinking clear...(not an excuse just observation)
3. Film crew should have helped.
4. Any of the three could have prevented this from happening

Officer: keep space, taser, OC spray... we have a thing called verbal judo and use of force...shame it wasn't used.

Firefighter: not drink so much and comply and sue later.

Film crew: help the officer before it escalated.

No winners here

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

2. The firefighter appeared drunk and not thinking clear...(not an excuse just observation)

Item one above implies it would have gone different if the Officer Hubbard had been on duty, versus working as a security guard. There likely would have been 2 officers on scene, and less lethal means could have been deployed.

DocWalker

Item one above implies it would have gone different if the Officer Hubbard had been on duty, versus working as a security guard. There likely would have been 2 officers on scene, and less lethal means could have been deployed.

An officer shouldn't forget his training just because he puts on a different uniform. Call your buddies on duty and let them deal with it....

Primus

? Why do say likely would have go e differently? It seemed pretty quick to me. So by the time back up would've arrived would've been over. Unless your referring to a two man cruiser as opposed to a one man unit?

Geerolla

The armchair refing is strong in this thread.. and I guess this forum in general.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I don't think as a bystander I could have just filmed, I would have had to assist the officer get the guy into custody. They can sort it out after that and see who was right and wrong.

Officer: keep space, taser, OC spray... we have a thing called verbal judo and use of force...shame it wasn't used.

Firefighter: not drink so much and comply and sue later.

Film crew: help the officer before it escalated.

No winners here

Why should they have helped? Are they experts/trained at the deescalation of force? Was the film crew (how many?) physically larger than a policeman and a fireman?

While you (or I) may have been inclined to insert ourselves into an unsafe situation, the film crew was under no such inclination nor obligation to do so. If the film crew had intervened it does not prevent violence or death from occurring, as a matter of my opinion more could of been injured.

Jeff Hayes

? Why do say likely would have go e differently? It seemed pretty quick to me. So by the time back up would've arrived would've been over. Unless your referring to a two man cruiser as opposed to a one man unit?

My two cents worth, Officer Hubbard was off duty that is clear. What is not clear is who was the initial aggressor between Cop and firefighter? If the off duty Cop was the initial aggressor then he lost his right to self defense.

From the article

"Hubbard, who was working security for the Marriott while wearing his Police Department uniform, saw the group arguing and saw Anthony Bruno leaving the area. He headed east after him."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/02/25/4848650/case-file-reveals-moments-before.html#storylink=cpy

If an argument is all Hubbard saw and Bruno was leaving the area I have to question why Hubbard reacted as harshly as he did. What Probable cause did he have for accosting Bruno? At this point I have to ask if the stop was lawful, if the stop was not lawful was Bruno simply defending himself, admittedly not he best idea with a uniformed officer.

"Bruno told Hubbard he shouldn’t have hit him, Hubbard said."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/02/25/4848650/case-file-reveals-moments-before.html#storylink=cpy

I have to agree if all Hubbard saw was an argument he would not be justified in detaining
Bruno much less assaulting him.

I am sick to death of giving Cops the benefit of the doubt.

Jeff Hayes

They do tend to look down their noses at the 'peons.'

Yes they do, most people could qualify to be LE if that was the path they had chosen. Most people choose to not go down that path for a lot of different reasons. Putting LE on a pedestal such as this is one of the largest problems we have today in LE IMHO.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...What is not clear is who was the initial aggressor between Cop and firefighter? If the off duty Cop was the initial aggressor then he lost his right to self defense...

I read he witnessed the battery, and pursued with intent to arrest.

I do not have a problem with that.