• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry while playing drums

gwhitegm60

I play drums. And when I get home from work I carry my gun on me when I am practicing my drumming. Anyone else do this?

Gregg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Why would you not?

BGs and SHTF events make no appointments and care not what you are doing.

Ken56

I OC on the golf course. Its what we do no matter what we are doing. My only issue is I keep my wallet in my golf bag so when I am away from it, no matter if its by only a few yards, does that mean my permit is not in my "immediate" posession? I suppose the law could see it that way. A local police car rolled by the last time I was on a green close to the road, slowed some and then proceeded on. I am sure he saw my pistol, I was strong side to him.
The course pro told us a little story about golfing with the Knoxville sheriff and under sheriff in a charity event, they were approached by an aggressive dog and he said both of them pulled their weapons and put it down. He said he always carries too now on the course. You just never know what the threat will be and when.

Gallowmere

If anything, this would be one of those times when you'd be insane to not OC. I say this because you will be heavily distracted, and you may not necessarily hear someone enter your home, due to the volume of the drums around you.