Thread: 9th ruling and the Bay Area?

9th ruling and the Bay Area?

Any change in carry policy in the Bay Area?

Note: I left the Bay Area for Salem, Oregon almost three years ago. I do dearly miss the Chabot, Richmond and Concord ranges. While I revel in my Oregon "shall issue" CHL and the freedom to choose the firearms I want, I sincerely hope the best for my friends in California.
    Last edited by Guy B. Meredith; 02-28-2014 at 01:07 AM.

I thought I read today that San Diego county decided NOT to appeal the ruling.

Therefore, at this time the "good cause" clause is essentially eliminated and that means we should all get CCW's.

I am going to apply in LA county and with my local police department because they hate me so much.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    I thought I read today that San Diego county decided NOT to appeal the ruling.

Therefore, at this time the "good cause" clause is essentially eliminated and that means we should all get CCW's.

I am going to apply
    in LA county and with my local police department because they hate me so much.
    Would that be for a non-resident permit?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Concealed-weapons ruling challenged

SAN DIEGO Attorney General Kamala Harris announced Thursday she has challenged a federal court ruling in a San Diego County case that made it easier for Californians to carry concealed weapons.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...ng-challenged/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Would that be for a non-resident permit?
    good question. i'll have to check about the legalities of that.

Somewhere along the line these politicians need to be challenged. Der Atty General talks about public safety, but if challenged it is absolutely certain that she cannot show a history that indicates there is a public safety issue. It is all about prejudice, meaning bigotry and somewhere this needs to be brought up and challenged.

Hey, all that is needed is to point to places like Vermont or Oregon to prove there is no public safety issue. If there are specific areas like Oakland or Los Angeles target the guilty.

The laws imposing fees and costs also need to be challenged as discriminatory to the less affluent. If a restriction is made--background checks, whatever--provisions need to be made in the laws to ensure the less affluent are not unfairly affected.