• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

9th ruling and the Bay Area?

Guy B. Meredith

Any change in carry policy in the Bay Area?

Note: I left the Bay Area for Salem, Oregon almost three years ago. I do dearly miss the Chabot, Richmond and Concord ranges. While I revel in my Oregon "shall issue" CHL and the freedom to choose the firearms I want, I sincerely hope the best for my friends in California.

Last edited:

onus

I thought I read today that San Diego county decided NOT to appeal the ruling.

Therefore, at this time the "good cause" clause is essentially eliminated and that means we should all get CCW's.

I am going to apply in LA county and with my local police department because they hate me so much.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I thought I read today that San Diego county decided NOT to appeal the ruling.

Therefore, at this time the "good cause" clause is essentially eliminated and that means we should all get CCW's.

I am going to apply
in LA county and with my local police department because they hate me so much.
Would that be for a non-resident permit?

Guy B. Meredith

Somewhere along the line these politicians need to be challenged. Der Atty General talks about public safety, but if challenged it is absolutely certain that she cannot show a history that indicates there is a public safety issue. It is all about prejudice, meaning bigotry and somewhere this needs to be brought up and challenged.

Hey, all that is needed is to point to places like Vermont or Oregon to prove there is no public safety issue. If there are specific areas like Oakland or Los Angeles target the guilty.

The laws imposing fees and costs also need to be challenged as discriminatory to the less affluent. If a restriction is made--background checks, whatever--provisions need to be made in the laws to ensure the less affluent are not unfairly affected.