• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayor George Heartwell: It's time to put an end to 'senseless gun violence'

bigt8261

Last edited:

OneForAll

My favorite part from the comments section, "Tom Lambert has become the voice of the people of the grand rapids area. Maybe he should run against Hartwell and get some sense in office in Grand Rapids. Then the issues will get fixed."

FreeInAZ

Well I'll say this for the Mayor: once he commits to an idea, no matter how flawed or irrational- he is like a stone pillar. The thing that bothers me the most is: he is perfectly fine with having armed LEO's there to intimidate the law abiding citizens, yet if a citizen chooses to take responsibility for their own safety and carry a side arm legally ....they are the intimidating ones?

Their idea to install metal detectors is flawed also. - 1. Not needed for OCers 2. Will only identify CCers. 3. Will not allow them to ban pistols....so what's the objective again...?

Intimidate/embarrassing carriers into not doing a LEGAL activity. Tell me again who the Mayor says the bullies are..
:confused:

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Clearly these people prefer children to be gunned down via shotgun blasts v. rifles.

So, given that they don't want kids to be shot all all...their argument falls flat.

OC4me

I love the comments section, not a single pro-Harwell post as far as I could tell (I didn't read all of them). By the way, the post contributor with the signature, OC4me, is not I (but he did make some good points).

Last edited: