• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long did it take

Stoney

Just moved here last summer and have applied for my carry permit. Was wondering how long did it take after you submitted you paperwork, to receive your license?

JHART

Turned in paperwork to Tulsa County Sheriff on 10-11-13, received license in mail on 11-9-13. I was actually shocked to get it that fast

MOTOCITYMX

When I move home finally will my current Washington CPL be valid until I get my OK permit as long as it is still valid in WA.

There is no law that sayes you have to get an Oklahoma permit. Your Washington CPL is good here in Oklahoma even if you live here.

hrdware

There is no law that sayes you have to get an Oklahoma permit. Your Washington CPL is good here in Oklahoma even if you live here.

That may not be entirely true. It depends on if WA will still consider it valid after a change of address to OK. If WA does not consider it valid, then technically it is not valid in OK. That being said, I don't think any LEO is going to call another state to try and verify the validity of a permit unless that person commits a crime.