Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 3/1 - 9:30 AM River City Diner Parham Rd @ I-95

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 3/1 - 9:30 AM River City Diner Parham Rd @ I-95

Grapeshot has generously declined to share whatever it is he may have that is making him feel - and I quote: "sub-normal".

In spite of that, Saturday breakfast needs to be eaten. We'll be doing that at River City Diner. Plus, we now have time to prepare to talk about Grapeshot. If we are not at one/several of the tables by the windows near the bar, look for us to the left of the door. If we are not obvious, just holler out "Where are the gun nuts?"

stay safe.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-01-2014 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Fixed date
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

After last week when I arrived at the appointed hour, only to find 3 of you already FINISHING your food, I have one question. 9.30am in which timezone ?

2/28, eh? I thought that was a Friday...more specifically, today.

Well, yeah, unless…,

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    2/28, eh? I thought that was a Friday...more specifically, today.
    you have a watch that runs counterclockwise, in which case you can leave late and arrive early, and when someone says "I want that yesterday!" you can say "No problem, just give me 24 hours!". I had a watch that did that once, started running backwards, kept great time though, I just had to learn how to tell time in reverse, great conversation piece!

Now Skid…, well he's probably got both kinds of watches and that's why when we're talking, I can't tell which way he's gonna take the conversation, backwards or forwards, but sooner or later you finally get there. It's kind of like that old saying (which my daughter loves so well) "I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."

Either way, it's always a good time to get together with friends and break bread, don't you think? Sorry I missed breakfast this morning, but I'll meet you folks back there tomorrow morning 3/1/2014, around 0930 hours or 9:30 a.m., whichever comes first.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Somebody better call Skid to wake him up this morning - otherwise he may just arrive yesterday.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

1 - In my universe I will use whatever calendar I want to.

2 - Did it purposely to see who was paying attention.

3 - Oops.

Pick one.

Scouser: We stayed and talked with you, didn't we? Even were polite, weren't we? So unless you have taken up understudying Grapeshot, quit your whinging.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

Scouser: We stayed and talked with you, didn't we? Even were polite, weren't we? So unless you have taken up understudying Grapeshot, quit your whinging.

stay safe.
    "I've never been so scared in all my life"

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    After last week when I arrived at the appointed hour, only to find 3 of you already FINISHING your food, I have one question. 9.30am in which timezone ?
    I am finished my meal and looking a box, 5 minutes after I start.

Although I arrived a tad bit late

It was none the less enjoyable. I had no problem with the time zone, I just overslept. Thankfully, Skid loaned me a bib.

The highlight of the morning was Logan smiling at me when I came in and saying "Bye Bob" about 18 times.

THAT made my day! ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    It was none the less enjoyable. I had no problem with the time zone, I just overslept. Thankfully, Skid loaned me a bib.

The highlight of the morning was Logan smiling at me when I came in and saying "Bye Bob" about 18 times.

THAT made my day! ;>)
    he was still saying it as you were driving out the parking lot