• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb 354

Tony_B

Thank God for Senator Beeson! Just called his office to thank him for his efforts in the past and for his latest introduction of a Bill to allow open carry of a loaded firearm in a vehicle WITHOUT A PERMIT. I suggest you too call his office and ask Sue, his administrative assistant, that you appreciate highly Senator Beeson's efforts on behalf of all Alabamians and Open Carriers who cherish their freedom, including the Right to protect oneself from violent thugs without having to obtain the permission of anyone, including the state or some state, county, or city bureaucrat. This is real freedom people.

His official office number is (334) 242-7794.

LEO agencies and orgs are all up in arms as they'll lose money that would otherwise go into their pockets when someone seeks the permission of their offices\agencies to do that which we, as Free Americans, have the Inalienable Right to do under God's Natural Law; protect oneself, our family, and those nearby from those who would seek to murder, maim, or destroy our lives for no reason other than a thrill without first seeking anyone's permission and that includes the state as mentioned above.

Senator Beeson knows what freedom is about and his actions show it. We need more statesmen like him, not ass kissing politicians who act based on which way the political winds blow.

IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ALSO CALL YOUR STATE LEGISLATURE IN YOUR DISTRICT AND DEMAND (respectfully of course) THAT HE SUPPORT SENATOR BEESON'S BILL CITED IN THE OP. FLOOD THEIR OFFICE PHONES AND MAKE IT CLEAR THAT YOU WANT THIS PASSED.

It makes no sense to allow one to open carry on foot and not open carry in an automobile or truck. In order to comply with the current laws, I've got a small pistol safe secured to the inside of my conveyance of choice and unload my firearm, lock it in the safe, and put it out of reach with the key to the safe well away from the safe itself. Ammunition kept in separate compartment. This is simply nuts and Senator Beeson knows it.

Act now and let's get this passed. It should have been part of the legislation that went into effect last August, but I feel that Senator Beeson knew it wouldn't pass at that time and didn't want the whole bill of last year vetoed.

Alabama needs a Governor like Senator Beeson who understands what REAL FREEDOM is about and acts to those ends. I'm not familiar with any of his other bills, or votes on other issues, but as regards open carry and the Inalienable Right to protect oneself without seeking anyone's permission, Senator Beeson knows the score and clearly has his hand on the pulse of Natural Law.

Last edited:

Tony_B

I found these numbers on another website. Since SB354 is in committee I encourage all Alabamians who read this to call the below committee members and encourage them to support and vote for SB354 introduced by Senator Beeson.

Having called them all I found a couple of their assistants were not familiar with the Bill and a few that had received several phone calls this morning in asking their state senator to support it. So here's the list of Alabama state Senators who are on the committee that SB354 is currently in at the moment. Call them, now, and ask that they support SB354.

Senate Judiciary Committee:

Senator Cam Ward (R-14), Chairman
Camjulward@aol.com
(334) 242-7873

Senator Jerry Fielding (R-11), Vice-Chairman
Jerry.fielding@alsenate.gov
(334) 242-7898

Senator Linda Coleman (D-20)
Linda.coleman@alsenate.gov
(334) 242-7864

Senator Vivian Davis Figures (D-33)
Vivian.figures@alsenate.gov
(334) 242-7871

Senator Marc Keahey (D-22)
SenatorKeahey@gmail.com
(334) 242-7843

Senator Arthur Orr (R-3)
(334) 242-7891

Senator Rodger Mell Smitherman (D-18)
Rodger.smitherman@alsenate.gov
(334) 242-7870

Senator Bryan Taylor (R-30)
Bryan.taylor@alsenate.gov
(334) 242-7883

Senator Tom Whatley (R-27)
Tom.whatley@alsenate.gov
(334) 242-7865

Senator Phil Williams (R-10)
Philw.williams@alsenate.gov
(334) 242-7857

Senator Greg Reed (R-5)
Greg.reed@alsenate.gov
(334) 242-7894

FTG-05

Tony_B

Thank you for voting!
Yes 46.41% (2,986 votes)
No 53.59% (3,448 votes)
Total Votes: 6,434
I thought I'd heard where the bill may not pass this session. Anyone else have any additional information? Really won't affect me other than being a bit inconvenient, but still have my small gun safe attached to the inside of the vehicle, etc. wherein I am in compliance with the previous bill enacted in August of 2013. We should stay on top of this and continue to support Senator Beeson's efforts in this regard.

FTG-05

An LEO poster over on Arfcom AL hometown page said it passed. Can't find it right now using my wife apple-crap laptop, but I'll post it when I get home and on the puter.

Tony_B

Last I heard, it's in a House committee and won't be taken up until the legislature re-convenes, appropriately enough, on April first.

It left the state Senate Committee, passed a Senate vote and is now headed to, or in the House. You can follow the progress of this bill at OpenState.org. Here's the link for SB354:
http://openstates.org/al/bills/2014rs/SB354/documents/ALD00020242/

When you go to the above link and click on the hyperlinked SB354 it will take you to another page and inform you of the progress of the bill and tell you where it stands at the moment. Here is the page it takes you to when you click on the bill name: http://openstates.org/al/bills/2014rs/SB354/

As you can see it shows it being 1) Introduced; 2) Passed Senate; 3) gives a short synopsis of the bill, to wit:

Disorderly conduct, definition revised, carrying a pistol in a vehicle without a pistol permit, authorized, discretion of sheriff in concealed pistol licensing eliminated under certain conditions, certain provisions of concealed pistol licensing revised, Secs. 13A-11-7, 13A-11-73, 13A-11-74, 13A-11-75 am'd.
4) Shows the Bill's primary sponsor as well as its co-sponsors. It's safe to say that the men and women listed on this page cherish their freedom, their Inalienable Right to defend themself and their families, and respect and honor the oath they took to support and defend the Constitution of the State of Alabama.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A LIST OF THE HOUSE COMMITTEE MEMBERS WHO ARE NOW DISCUSSING AND CONTEMPLATING BILL 354? We need to call them and let them know that we wish for their support in seeing SB354 passed and signed into law.

Now if they would only introduce legislation to secede and separate from the parasitic federal corporation that is determined to get us all killed we'd be in high cotton.

Last edited: