Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: So whats the difference???

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    bardstown ky
    Posts
    8

    So whats the difference???

    I Have a Glock 22 that I have carried for about 2.5 years. Every trip out of my house its on me. Or was. Any who. I have only had one issue in that amount of time. Thaat was the lady at Mcdonalds. Not really got any looks, or even heard ppl talking about me carrying it. I recently bought myself a Ruger Blackhawk .357 that is my new OC gun. Since I have been OCing it, I get looks ppl whispering, ppl following me at Walmart. Makes me chuckle inside, but I cant help but wonder, whats the difference?
    Last edited by gilbert502; 03-01-2014 at 01:27 AM.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Might be coincidence, might not.

    One difference is the ever-present "Is that a cop?" that people often wonder when they see an OC'er. It's easier for them to think that maybe it is when they see a black plastic pistol instead of a real gun like a Blackhawk...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  3. #3
    Regular Member neuroblades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,240

    Cool

    There could be many reasons as to why people do that but I'd have to guess that it might be because the Blackhawk is basically about 1.5 times larger than the poly Glock, not to mention the fact that the Blackhawk resembles a old cowboy gun. I seriously doubt that all the attention has anything to do with people mistaking you for LEO. I haven't seen a LEO carry a wheel gun in the past 20 years, unless it's a small BUG. It could also have something to do with the fact that most folks out there rarely see a cowboy gun in this day and age. *LOL*
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

  4. #4
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Might be coincidence, might not.

    One difference is the ever-present "Is that a cop?" that people often wonder when they see an OC'er. It's easier for them to think that maybe it is when they see a black plastic pistol instead of a real gun like a Blackhawk...
    I like what you did there.

    To the OP: Sometimes it's just that people simply don't SEE the gun. There has to be an almost comical degree of contrast for some people to notice a sidearm, so it may be that the Glock you used to carry just didn't stand out enough. What's the finish of the Blackhawk? It may be easiest for us to determine the color if we were to get a photo of it.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    Size, holster, belt styles could have a lot to do with it.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    bardstown ky
    Posts
    8

    eehhh

    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Size, holster, belt styles could have a lot to do with it.
    I dnt think so. Just a nylon black holster, regular leather belt. Its blued with a stainless trigger. Its been a conversation starter cause a couple ppl have ask me what kind of pistol it was. I had 3 younger guys in lville talking about it. Me and family was eating at whitecastle on outerloop when one of them seen it and told his buddys there was a us marshall sitting down and they needed to "get outto hurr". I dnt achknowledge anyone more then I ever did if they are staring. maybe im just getting crazy as I get into my 30's. Well, that's quite possible actually....

  7. #7
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbert502 View Post
    I dnt think so. Just a nylon black holster, regular leather belt. Its blued with a stainless trigger. Its been a conversation starter cause a couple ppl have ask me what kind of pistol it was. I had 3 younger guys in lville talking about it. Me and family was eating at whitecastle on outerloop when one of them seen it and told his buddys there was a us marshall sitting down and they needed to "get outto hurr". I dnt achknowledge anyone more then I ever did if they are staring. maybe im just getting crazy as I get into my 30's. Well, that's quite possible actually....
    You're not crazy until you've been storm chasing in a M35A2 Deuce-and-a-half.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •