• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MDA Seattle Library 3-1

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Just saw this on King 5. Mom's Demand Action are having a rally to protest Seattle not prohibiting guns in libraries, Today (3-1) at 10-11 am 1000 4th Ave.

Geerolla

What will they think of next??!

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

509rifas

Hmmm...Protesting preemption?

Won't be long.
Some states don't have preemption. It's a very good thing that we do. It seems like it may be more on the lobby side of things. I can't imagine a "end state preemption of title 9 chapter 41! For the kids!" rally.

FMCDH

Won't be long.
Some states don't have preemption. It's a very good thing that we do. It seems like it may be more on the lobby side of things. I can't imagine a "end state preemption of title 9 chapter 41! For the kids!" rally.

And some states preemption isn't worth a damn. Thankfully, Washington's is one of the strongest around.

That does seem kinda wordy for a protest name. :D

mikeyb

Won't be long.

Actually, if you title it "End Title 9!" you'll get all sorts of people against that. Just put in tiny, small print: of the Revised Code of Washington, specifically 9.41.290. 'Cause you know, sheep are illiterate.

Anyone know how many showed up? I almost want to post on MDA's facebook that I was on a school campus this weekend with a gun! And it was completely legal!

Last edited: