Thread: From the least expected places.....

God's Country, Missouri

From the least expected places.....

This morning, as I was entering the grocery store, I encountered a very well dressed, obviously "well to do" older lady (and I intentionally use the term "lady") as she was exiting. Normally, she would fall directly into the category I would stereorypically expect to turn up their nose and sniff at someone such as myself brazenly going about with such a crude display of weaponry fastened to my thigh. (I wear a 1911 in a drop leg).

So you can imagine my surprise when she looked me dead in my eye upon passing and said,

"Now there's something I'd like to see more of."

Good things come from the strangest places.

Troy, MO
    what town or county was this? Great to hear!!

Árida Zona
    Did she look down at your gun, or was she referring to your rugged looks?
    Sounds like a great encounter either way.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

SW MO
    Hmmmmm.....was it the 1911 or ????
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain