Thread: Montana's Right to Keep and Bear Arms Week - CELEBRATE

Montana's Right to Keep and Bear Arms Week - CELEBRATE

Montana has a law designating the week following the first Monday in March as the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Week in which all Montanans are encouraged to celebrate their cherished right to keep and bear arms.

Montana holds the title for the freest place in the world. Montana has some of the best gun laws in the entire world. And it is the home of one of the most effective and active gun rights group in the world; the Montana Shooting Sports Association.

TOP 100 REASONS WHY MONTANA IS THE FREEST PLACE ON EARTH (well, okay - I couldn't stop at just 100)

Edited per complaint by moderator that post was too long.
    Last edited by Augustin; 06-11-2015 at 03:13 PM. Reason: fixed a bunch of stuff

Talking

Moving to Montana from texas in 2 weeks. i called the sherrifs dept to make sure i fully understood things and they had NO clue what they were talking about...but after doing some independant research IM GONNA LOVE THIS STATE!!!

where in texas are you movin' to? Lots of differences between folks in El Paso, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Dallas and Ft Worth. There is also East Texas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustin View Post
    Montana has a law designating the week following the first Monday in March as the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Week in which all Montanans are encouraged to celebrate their cherished right to keep and bear arms.

Montana holds the title for the freest place in the world. Montana has some of the best gun laws in the entire world. And it is the home of one of the most effective and active gun rights group in the world; the Montana Shooting Sports Association.

TOP 100 REASONS WHY MONTANA IS THE FREEST PLACE ON EARTH (well, okay - I couldn't stop at just 100)

--snipped--
    A wall of text with 140 bullet points really seems unnecessary - better you should build your case and provide a link.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    where in texas are you movin' to? Lots of differences between folks in El Paso, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Dallas and Ft Worth. There is also East Texas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    im moving from Dallas Tx to Kalispell Mt.

Quote Originally Posted by mquinn View Post
    Moving to Montana from texas in 2 weeks. i called the sherrifs dept to make sure i fully understood things and they had NO clue what they were talking about...but after doing some independant research IM GONNA LOVE THIS STATE!!!
    My neighbor thinks you must have a CC Permit to carry. She heard this in a weapons carry class from the instructor.

There are so many laws, many (most?) of which have grey areas that create conflicting ideas and interpretations. Ask the question (any), and the answer depends on who you ask, when you ask and how you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaResident View Post
    My neighbor thinks you must have a CC Permit to carry. She heard this in a weapons carry class from the instructor.

There are so many laws, many (most?) of which have grey areas that create conflicting ideas and interpretations. Ask the question (any), and the answer depends on who you ask, when you ask and how you ask.

it didnt take me long to figure out that part. lol usually with grey area you can play play dumb long enough to determine if the LEO speaking to you is leaning leaning black or leaning white. lol then you either shut up and invoke your rights, or make a new friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    A wall of text with 140 bullet points really seems unnecessary - better you should build your case and provide a link.
    Consider it edited.