• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hamden pistol permit

dj79

Hi I am new to the site and was hoping to get help with a question regarding my Hamden pistol permit application. I had dropped the application off on Dec 29th 2013 and have not heard anything yet. I stopped by the pd yesterday to ask about the status and they said it was not there that the fingerprints must have been sent to the state police and it usually takes about 10 weeks total. Has anyone experienced this from Hamden. Thanks

davidmcbeth

Banned
well, you should file an appeal with the BFPE

http://www.ct.gov/BFPE/site/default.asp

Give dates ... note that 8 weeks have past and it is a de facto/administrative denial

If you get your permit, you can always withdraw the appeal.

If you file an appeal now, your case might be heard in NOV 2015.

Last edited:

Rich B

Ok great thank you I appreciate the information

I would advise caution. Not all information and advisors are created equal. Especially those who refuse to represent themselves honestly.

These are examples of what the other person in this thread's advice (DavidMcBeth, aka David Godbout) will result in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thc0M_ZdK80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7Uhu_ZUSM

Let a real organization assist you: info@ctcarry.com

Be careful out there and stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would advise caution. Not all information and advisors are created equal. Especially those who refuse to represent themselves honestly.

These are examples of what the other person in this thread's advice (DavidMcBeth, aka David Godbout) will result in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thc0M_ZdK80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7Uhu_ZUSM

Let a real organization assist you: info@ctcarry.com

Be careful out there and stay safe.

I plead legal theories .... all that your leader ED has endorsed over time ...

Really, your organization should stop posting attacks against me .... because a) it makes you look like idiots and b) you argue against your own opinions

The difference between me & Ed/CTcarry? I'm honest with folks in respect to the legal issues that may result from specific actions.

Look at the last posting of Ed's and others of CtCarry of recent history ... pointing people to your lit that suggests people should not comply with registration requirements and then noting that ED has none of these devices.

CT Barfly

FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT APPEAL!!!!!

Your application is in process, it's up to you to find out the status. Anybody advising you to being the appeal process is attempting to use you to further their agenda...to flood the BFPE with appeals and bring it to a grinding halt. This won't help you get issued any sooner.

PM me.

David and Rich, you guys are ridiculous to advise people to appeal when there is a year-long wait for delay appeals...been cleaning up your messes for months with no issues and timely issuances. Your advice stinks and you should stop offering it, period.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT APPEAL!!!!!

Your application is in process, it's up to you to find out the status. Anybody advising you to being the appeal process is attempting to use you to further their agenda...to flood the BFPE with appeals and bring it to a grinding halt. This won't help you get issued any sooner.

PM me.

David and Rich, you guys are ridiculous to advise people to appeal when there is a year-long wait for delay appeals...been cleaning up your messes for months with no issues and timely issuances. Your advice stinks and you should stop offering it, period.

OK CT Barfly .... appeals are now at a grinding halt .... that's why I favor eliminating the board. Make it an appeal to the agency that denied it wherein they have to respond w/i 30 days. Then an appeal to the courts would be open. And cases would be decided in about 6 mos...much better than 2 yrs, about the time for an appeal now.

In fact I would argue that one has the right to maintain proficiency with their handgun and need a permit to transport to a range. So, after waiting 1/2 yr (time that the Army requires its officers to maintain proficiency) it is a de facto denial of the appeal filed with the board.