• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and CC question.

Eagle-Six

I've OC'd plenty when I was in KY. I had since moved to Alabama where I was forced because of crazy OC laws, to get a conceal permit. Now I have moved back to KY nd wonder if my permit from Alabama Is valid here in KY. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy note 2 on Tapatalk.

flb_78

Will Alabama change the address on your license?

I do not believe your license will be valid since you have moved and the address is no longer correct, kind of like how you have 30 days to change your driver's license over.

I do not know the answer, but if I was an officer and someone driving a car with Kentucky tags handed me a driver's license with a Kentucky address and a CCDW with an Alabama address, I'd be a little worried.

Once again, I do not know the legal answer.

09jisaac

I've OC'd plenty when I was in KY. I had since moved to Alabama where I was forced because of crazy OC laws, to get a conceal permit. Now I have moved back to KY nd wonder if my permit from Alabama Is valid here in KY. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy note 2 on Tapatalk.

Like what most said, if your AL permit is still valid after you move, Kentucky will still recognize it.

I do doubt that your permit will stay valid.

LEX_XDM40compact

Is it valid and recognized here? Yes.

Your laws from Alabama do not carry over here, So it would be best to brush up on the conceal laws here in KY again. The state simply recognizes the permit for the ability to conceal it, not how you can ie you must do so within the law of KY

However, If you have moved here for the long haul 1+ years, It would be very beneficial for you to start the process to received a Kentucky issue license. The process is simple , You can read http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/conceal.htm for all the information to get the process rolling.

I am not sure if you can hold "two" licences at at time, Most states require you to turn them in within xx days of leaving the state, others do not.

So in the case you do not receive your KY one or for any issue if you are asked you are just visiting KY, updated information on the licence is KEY.

The benefits of a Kentucky issued license only start with the most obvious.. Updated information... which is so important for more than the obvious... Like buying a Handgun from a dealer, which you wont be able to walk out of the store with if you do not have a Kentucky resident and ID / information to show. ( you may purchase a handgun from a KY dealer and not live in KY but the FFL you purchase it from will only SHIP it to a FFL in your residing area)

Hope this helps.