Thread: Under 21 Open Carry

Under 21 Open Carry

So I am brand new to the forum and have a few questions, Ive done plenty of research but would just like some clarification. Monday will be my first day legally open carrying as I will pick up my private purchase permit and I can make the gun my mother owns legally mine. Is it best to carry a copy of the permit and bill of sale in my car just in case I am questioned? Also while open carrying as far as I know my gun can be loaded, does that mean loaded with a round chambered? Also Im located in Moore County so if anyone on here carries there could you give me some personal experiences of county businesses, basically any businesses where you have had issues. Any other advice you can give is more than welcome, thanks in andvance

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcome to OCDO trailkiller91.

Yes you can carry with one in the tube and no you don't need proof of ownership "papers" on your person.

Research the laws yourself and become a knowledgeable, responsible gun owner. Providing several links for you following to get you started on the right foot. They are like Cliff Notes.

http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=101

http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=282

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Carolina-Flyer

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

salutations and welcome to open carry forum..

to enhance you learning you might peruse the NC Attorney's FAQ on firearms dtd Aug 13 (yes it is the latest and greatest - honest!) located here: http://www.ncsheriffs.org/documents/...rms%20Laws.pdf and since you mentioned vehicle take a look at section III.

Grape is correct you do not need papers to OC in the tarheel state, and the Pistol Purchase Permit from the local county sheriff is mandated by NC statutes 14-402, so i presume your caregiver is 'selling' you their firearm? or are they going to 'let you use it'? if it the former. then, while not mandated by statute, a suggestion is to do up a Bill of Sale, if it is the latter, then no PPP is required nor is a BoS.

here is the cite for the NC statutes w/excellent, but clunky search in right hand corner: http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/SiteS...e+permit&sa=Go

my final suggestion is to take an NRA first steps or basic pistol course at your earliest convenience as you can never acquire enough education on firearms. i liken taking a course to have someone else teach you how to drive...you sure don't wish to pick up your caregiver's bad habits which will hang around for the rest of your life.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Thank you both for the info posted so far, yes I am buying it from her so I will do a bill of sale then.

welcome to the forum. there are lots of meet and greets in your area. be sure to check them out

look into GRNC. they are primarily a CC group but they can help some

come up to Mayberry sometime and i will buy you a pork chop sandwich
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Welcome to OCDO!

I have OC'd in Moore county without any problems. Even in the Best Buy where I have heard of incidents in other cities. You shouldn't have any problems in your county.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Good to know, so far the past week while I was home I was only able to OC for a short time because I spent most of my days off at my old fire dept. where I used to work. They don't care about concealed carry but dont really want us to open carry because of the public views it could cause.

Quote Originally Posted by trailkiller91 View Post
    Good to know, so far the past week while I was home I was only able to OC for a short time because I spent most of my days off at my old fire dept. where I used to work. They don't care about concealed carry but dont really want us to open carry because of the public views it could cause.
    1. glad you are getting comfortable OC'g

2. understand your statement about it is your olde fire station but you are sending mixed messages...olde station means no longer organizationally associated with it but they don't want US makes it sound like you are still required to abide by their antiquated and i am sure unwritten perception and policies concerning open carry. if you are 'john q citizen' not an employee etc., visiting friends and the place is not marked for no firearms, then you are under no obligation or mandate to follow their silly policies! especially since, as you indicated they are comfortable w/CC educate them about OC!

3. You need to upgrade your level of social acquaintances to those who are more understanding about your needs for self protection while roaming the NC country side!

4. now you can move telling us about your OC'g adventures to the NC Open Carry thread.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-08-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain