Thread: 33 dead, 130 wounded in mass knifing in China

Post 33 dead, 130 wounded in mass knifing in China

There is no word yet on whether the knives used were "assault" knives...

http://www.nbc26.tv/story/24859794/c...attack-33-dead

China blames separatists for knife attack; 33 dead

By DIDI TANG
    Associated Press

KUNMING, China (AP) - More than 10 assailants slashed scores of people with knives at a train station in southern China, drawing police fire, in what authorities called a terrorist assault by ethnic separatists based in the far west, state media said Sunday. Thirty-three people were killed and 130 wounded.

Police fatally shot four of the assailants , arrested one and were searching for the others following the attack late Saturday at the Kunming train station in Yunnan province, the official Xinhua News Agency said. Witnesses described attackers dressed in black storming the train station and attacking people indiscriminately.

In China, a knife is any single edged weapon. A sword is a double edged weapon. These definitions are irrespective of size, so the attackers could have used sabers with 3 foot blades and it would still be called a knife. I'm wondering if there is something lost in translation

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

I think you're missing the point of the post. It doesn't matter if it was machetes, claymores or pocket knives. The question at hand isn't the translation.

Gee, who stopped the attacks? Armed police.

I thought mass murders didn't happen in places that banned the private ownership of guns?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Gee, who stopped the attacks? Armed police.

I thought mass murders didn't happen in places that banned the private ownership of guns?
    But at least they can say that the total number of deaths from violent crime and the number of violent crimes have decr.... uh oh. Guess not.

This is the only way anyone could ever arrive at the "gun deaths are decreasing" even if all violent crime is increasing because the predators now have leisure to choose whomever they so choose without fear of any sizable resistance.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke