• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Antonio woman harassed, abused and falsley arrested at bus stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthyeliminator

http://www.kens5.com/news/I-Team-Caught-on-video--SAPD-arrests-bus-riderbut-why-247888811.html

This is despicable. And yes, perfectly relevant to oc as the oc movement in San Antonio is currently fighting similar injustices. Let's not forget that these bogus charges such as failure to ID and trumped up 'traffic violations' are precicely the attacks being used against ocers who are not breaking the law but that the big wigs simply do not like.

In my opinion the end result of this incident will be important to the oc movement in San Antonio.

Last edited:

rushcreek2

That "Thin Blue Line" appears to be getting thinner every day.

Another totally avoidable demonstration of the abuse of the policing power by Texas law enforcement.

And LEO's are said to be perplexed that they are not appreciated.....by the public they serve.......?

B.S. of failure to identify being used as a ruse to intimidate the public when engaging in the actual "offense" for which the officer took offense -the video taping of police . Sue their pants off !

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Sec. 38.02. FAILURE TO IDENTIFY.
(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally refuses to give his name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has lawfully arrested the person and requested the information.

(b) A person commits an offense if he intentionally gives a false or fictitious name, residence address, or date of birth to a peace officer who has:
(1) lawfully arrested the person;
(2) lawfully detained the person; or
(3) requested the information from a person that the peace officer has good cause to believe is a witness to a criminal offense.​

(c) Except as provided by Subsections (d) and (e), an offense under this section is:
(1) a Class C misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (a); or
(2) a Class B misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (b).​

(d) If it is shown on the trial of an offense under this section that the defendant was a fugitive from justice at the time of the offense, the offense is:
(1) a Class B misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (a); or
(2) a Class A misdemeanor if the offense is committed under Subsection (b).​

(e) If conduct that constitutes an offense under this section also constitutes an offense under Section 106.07, Alcoholic Beverage Code, the actor may be prosecuted only under Section 106.07.

WalkingWolf

OCing what a bicycle?

The video has absolutely nothing to do with OC of a legally holstered handgun. While the officer may have gone overboard it does appear he had a legitimate reason to put her under arrest and demand ID.

stealthyeliminator

OCing what a bicycle?

The video has absolutely nothing to do with OC of a legally holstered handgun. While the officer may have gone overboard it does appear he had a legitimate reason to put her under arrest and demand ID.

How long are you going to follow me around and troll my threads/posts because I pissed you off elsewhere in the forums? I explained in the op how this is relevant, if you disagree then you should address my reasoning

WalkingWolf

How long are you going to follow me around and troll my threads/posts because I pissed you off elsewhere in the forums? I explained in the op how this is relevant, if you disagree then you should address my reasoning

What are you crying about now? It seems nobody can do anything that might fracture your sensibilities on the internet. YOU posted a thread and claimed it was relating to Open Carry. IT WAS NOT, while interesting it had nothing to do with OC. If you can't handle the slightest differing opinions and posts, you are not mature enough for the internet.

Your claim that you pissed me off just shows your level of maturity. Any member can post on any sub forum, you should know that by now. Any subjects are open to scrutiny by all members, even ones you do not care for.

Get over yourself!

Fallschirjmäger

Going by the above and assuming the report is correct, the student is guilty of neither 38.02(a) nor (b), but I'm sure the officer was "operating under good faith" and it's merely a "training issue."

WalkingWolf

Going by the above and assuming the report is correct, the student is guilty of neither 38.02(a) nor (b), but I'm sure the officer was "operating under good faith" and it's merely a "training issue."
I will have to look again, but I believe the officer told the woman she was under arrest before asking for identification.

Her arrest was traffic related and a court would need to settle that, but as for ID yea I have to agree with the cop on that one.

scott58dh

"training issue" :lol:

Then again, it coulda' just been a "Slow Citation Day" (not makin' yer' Quota = in deep trouble wit da' Big Boss Man) or a Bad Donut Day or a Bad Hair Day, who knows ?

However, "Dragging" a BG "by the Hair" to the Squad car is Very Unprofessional !

She has every right to *attempt to* press charges against this "Badge Heavy" LEO... probably she's an Aquarius !

Primus

OCing what a bicycle?

+1 well said

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Fallschirjmäger

I will have to look again, but I believe the officer told the woman she was under arrest before asking for identification.

Her arrest was traffic related and a court would need to settle that, but as for ID yea I have to agree with the cop on that one.
If I'm reading the article correctly, there was more than one person cited by the PD.

stealthyeliminator

What are you crying about now? It seems nobody can do anything that might fracture your sensibilities on the internet. YOU posted a thread and claimed it was relating to Open Carry. IT WAS NOT, while interesting it had nothing to do with OC. If you can't handle the slightest differing opinions and posts, you are not mature enough for the internet.

Your claim that you pissed me off just shows your level of maturity. Any member can post on any sub forum, you should know that by now. Any subjects are open to scrutiny by all members, even ones you do not care for.

Get over yourself!

The point is that you are simply contradicting me without actually addressing my position/rationale. You are only stating your conclusion without any supporting reasoning or facts. that's fine, you're free to do so, just as I'm free to point it out. That's all. I believe this case is perfectly relevant to the oc movement in San Antonio. Perhaps if you learned about the movement in San Antonio and about the issues they are currently facing and have faced then you would be able to connect the dots.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Again I feel the need to remind some that this is not another Cop Watch forum.

Abuses must be specific to OC/RKBA to have a legitimate place here.

There is nothing to connect the dots to OC or RKBA.

Locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.