• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obamacare, Liberty, 2nd amd. Naturalized citizens

marrandy

Obamacare.

This may be just the typical incompetent Government, with people reading scripts, but there could be more that will affect us in both privacy and 2nd amendment ways.

But let's move on with my experience.

So after me and my insurance agent spent 8+ hours each on the Obamacare website, where they ask for tons of extra and superfluous information (fishing for private information, anyone ?) we find we can't finalize and move to the Florida Blue website.

My agent mentions this at his morning meeting, and others say they also had a problem with Naturalized citizens (me in July 1991).

Apparently, the OPTIONAL naturalization and alien number requests were not being processed as the Obamacare system isn't tied to the INS system to validate the information.

So we try again and leave out the naturalization information and it goes through. We complete the Florida Blue but my agent get's a notification to call Obamacare to query a) Naturalization B) Income.

When we call, initially, they are not sure why we are calling.

After explaining, we offer them, verbally, the Naturalization and alien identification numbers with the date of Naturalization.

They refuse to take it.

They ask us to scan and upload the Naturalization certificate. When I point out that in red letters in the bottom Left, it clearly states

"It is punishable by U. S. law to copy, print or photograph this certificate without lawful authority"

I say as they are either Government employees or agents of the Government, if they give me "Lawful authority" I will scan and upload it. After a long time as it is escalated to a supervisor, they finally come back and say no, they won't give "Lawful Authority" to copy it and tell us to go call the INS. (Right, talk about a wild goose chase), which will get you nowhere. They also keep saying that you can upload the documents, totally ignoring what you have just told them.

NOTE: there are many penalties for this. Should any individual acquiese and copy and submit it, AND if the penalty rises to a criminal level, they could lose their second amendment rights.

Next, as we are getting nowhere, we move on to proof of income. Well, considering I and therefore they, won't know our income until April 15th 2015 for current year 2014, what is the point. We have estimated income, based on our current circumstances. This, of course, could change any time during the current year.

So they want a copy of my wife's social security (why don't they get it themselves from social security as they already have all her identifying information).

They want copies of our rental house cheques (Rental property is on our 1040. Not even the IRS asks for this, besides, its just NOT rental income, its expenditures like property taxes, insurance and maintenance. This is also described on the IRS 1040).

They want copies of IRA disbursements. Blah, blah, blah.

It makes you wonder why they don't get this all this from other Government agencies that already have this information. Unless, of course, this is still firewalled off and they try and co-erce you into 'voluntary' disclosure. Add. Goes for the INS/Naturalzation stuff as well.

The implication being, if you don't provide it, you will lose our legally entitled obamacare deduction.

So besides all the other junk everyone has to go through, Naturalized citizens have even more issues.

At this point, as it is still unresolved, we could lose my Obamacare deduction.

ADD: The last few weeks and 6 contacts with them, they can't find my Application ID: and keep saying there are 'system issues' and they can't get in.

I have already emailed several Congressman and have tried to contact other groups with 2nd amendment, Liberty, Constitution and Privacy issues but don't get a lot of response. So if you think some of this is important to you, then spread it around and warn people to be careful. They have been trying to get many military denied due to PTSD which affects not just them, but the family home.

If you make enough laws, you can find anyone guilty of something.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I feel for ya ... someone should take page grabs and post the retarded quagmire of maze people have to go through.

Sounds worse than an SAP system.

Saxxon

This would be one more in the long list of grievances that legitimate citizens (welcome belatedly) are accruing against this faux government that ours has morphed into. We are well past full circle already - had the founders had to endure but a fraction of the intrusions we tolerate today they would have been in full rebellion.

OC for ME

This would be one more in the long list of grievances that legitimate citizens (welcome belatedly) are accruing against this faux government that ours has morphed into. We are well past full circle already - had the founders had to endure but a fraction of the intrusions we tolerate today they would have been in full rebellion.
Really?

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/revwartimeline.htm

I suspect that The Founders had to endure at least a fraction of what our current day fellow citizens are enduring with Obamacare.