Thread: An offer to temporarily store 'prohibited' items out of state

An offer to temporarily store 'prohibited' items out of state

I'm sure there are many people here on OCDO wanting to do something to help our friends in CT, but not knowing what they can do.

I have a suggestion.
    Let's offer to store the 'illegal' guns & magazines out of state, away from possible confiscation & destruction, until the law is overturned and the bad legislators are removed from office.

For rifles and magazines, no FFL transfer is needed. The owner should ship it to her/himself in care of an out-of-state friend. The friend cannot open the package.

I'm willing to do this, prefer being a foster home for magazines & pistols because of my storage constraints. I'll sign a statement detailing the property and agreeing that it is not becoming my property, I am merely storing it, and will return it to the owner on demand (they pay shipping).

Anyone who wants to take me up on this, send me a PM & we'll work out the details.

Banned
    That's a nice offer ... and the bad legislators kicked out of office? lol not gonna happen -- they are liberals here....even GOP members here voted for the goofy law.

I'll certainly try ... me and others in my neighborhood turned a democrat's viewpoint to a no vote. A hollow "victory" though.

Luckily, I am an American. I think that there is something in the water here....I won't drink it.

Love your commitment! How can I help?

Great idea MKEgal! I'm sure our collective efforts could give safe haven to at least a sizeable percentage of the newly-persecuted, legally-acquired firearms that were unconstitutionally declared illegal by anti-Freedom politicians.

I don't know if any CT citizens would be able/willing to entrust me with their arms, but I'm here if anyone wishes to do so. I live in (suny, DRY) Arizona, as my profile states.
    Willing to sign an agreement about the firearm(s) in question not entering my possession for anything other than storage purposes.

Also, you might get more funding/support if you made a nice little bit about finding these guns a safe home while CT works things out:

Just a little bit of humor for these dark times. Believe me, this thread should never have even had a reason to exist, but legislators made it so.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 03-03-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    That's a nice offer ... and the bad legislators kicked out of office? lol not gonna happen -- they are liberals here....even GOP members here voted for the goofy law.

I'll certainly try ... me and others in my neighborhood turned a democrat's viewpoint to a no vote. A hollow "victory" though.

Luckily, I am an American. I think that there is something in the water here....I won't drink it.
    Hi Ho, one an all Range Rat here. As a member of Wisconsin Carry I had the pleasure of meeting MKEgal, an I'm here to tell you

she is one Solid Cookie.. Heck even the Milwaukee Police found out the Hard way..

Hell her word is Solid, an if she says she'll do it, she means it... As a 64 year old vet, I'll back her any day of the week..

I'm awfully far away for your conjugal visits, but I have secure, climate-controlled, dry storage, as well as several excellent nearby range facilities if you do come this way.

If you send me something, at least show me a picture of what's in the box that I'm not going to open. I still like to drool, you know.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Another option for Connecticut residents is to store your items in nearby New Hampshire self storage facilities. Southern New Hampshire has quite a few options that you can find in any search engine.

You will have to pay rent for whatever storage solution that you opt for, but the consolation is that only you will have physical access to your stuff, and you can pick up your stuff without involvement of a third party (exception of course is the self storage facility).

Best wishes to everyone behind enemy lines.
    Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without. -Hávamál 38