Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Western Wisconsin

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    mn/wi/ca
    Posts
    65

    Western Wisconsin

    Im separating from my military obligations in a few months and was looking for a range near my house in Martell, Wi. I couldn't find any so I've decided to start a small venture Ive started an LLC as a sole proprietor. It probably wont be much a small bait tackle and gun on the 63 trying to get at the fishing traffic over the summer for those heading north and a local hang out/range for locals or anyone who wants to come by will keep you updated. ATF papers have been sent in now the waiting game for them to get back to me. And working with Pierce co.

    If nothing else it would be nice to have a place to have OC get togethers.
    Last edited by devildogdiesel0311; 03-04-2014 at 06:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdiesel0311 View Post
    Im separating from my military obligations in a few months ...<snip>
    You mean you think you will be free from your military obligations ... lol

    Good luck with your endeavors as a freeman...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    Do you have property that is zoned for a commercial range, how many acres is it what type of backstops to you have. or is this going to be an indoor range/ gun fishing store.

    Good luck in your endeavor your biggest competition well be Gregerson hard ware in Baldwin as far as guns and reloading supplies.

    We can use all the gun fishing stores we can get.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    mn/wi/ca
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Do you have property that is zoned for a commercial range, how many acres is it what type of backstops to you have. or is this going to be an indoor range/ gun fishing store.

    Good luck in your endeavor your biggest competition well be Gregerson hard ware in Baldwin as far as guns and reloading supplies.

    We can use all the gun fishing stores we can get.
    The lot that is zoned is 4 acres with a hill as the back drop the elevation is steep enough that it would be perfect.

    Currently working with the Life of Duty and Range departments of the NRA to become a certified range. it would be an outdoor range but shooter line enclosed with heat for the winter.

    Trying to get civilian certs that would allow me to train and hire trained instructors for self defense, concealment permits, tactical applications, or seminars.

    Right now the biggest pain in the butt is the website building which im doing myself and the FFL paper work.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    I am just 8 miles down the road. Come over and set up targets at my place this summer. I have 5.5 acres. There is a range in Hudson but is expensive. I practice on my property.
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-05-2014 at 11:30 AM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    mn/wi/ca
    Posts
    65
    Ive left nancy 24 voice mails over 2 weeks not 1 returned what a waste of high level police officer does that woman even come into work?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdiesel0311 View Post
    Ive left nancy 24 voice mails over 2 weeks not 1 returned what a waste of high level police officer does that woman even come into work?
    Thats why Bill Parks is running for sheriff. Nancy will not protect your CRs. You have to talk to her in person the 5051 number only gets the dispatcher or the booth.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    mn/wi/ca
    Posts
    65
    ive wrote bill personally he was a Major in the USMC with 3/5 awesome guy, the "verbage" of how i felt about the incumbent was not umm how do i say this something you'd put on a campaign website but he wrote back something quite witty about how he didn't expect anything less from me and would love to sit down for a cup of coffee. He truly is a small town guy. I hope he wins.

    As fas as coming down and shooting I'd love to but at the same time Its been a dream of mine to open up a range where people from the area dont have to pay an arm and a leg to do something they enjoy and to teach and instruct others on safety and promotion of firearms, hunting, and conservation. I've always supported small town business because i like the personal approach, someone you know is on the other side of the counter or on the other side of the phone.


    The zoning and land board have been nothing but supportive so as soon as i go in the herald im hoping iget support from martell and everyone in pierce co. The range would be an all season range 3 wall with heat for the winter, as well as a tactical range for weapons manipulation and 3 gun shoots. Ive been looking at getting a few certified instructors along with myself and a few family members so we could offer permits to carry for the lowest cost. I dont know how else to put it im passionate about what i do and I've been handling weapons and instructing for the past 5 years i don't think i could do anything else.

    Plus would be an NFA Trust dealer along with a few other things, im all about empowering others..............

    Ill get off the damn soap box now

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Thats why Bill Parks is running for sheriff. Nancy will not protect your CRs. You have to talk to her in person the 5051 number only gets the dispatcher or the booth.
    Who is Nancy? What is her last name? She should be allowed to address your accusation.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Who is Nancy? What is her last name? She should be allowed to address your accusation.
    Sheriff
    Nancy Hove - EXT 6808
    nancy.hove@co.pierce.wi.us
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdiesel0311 View Post
    ive wrote bill personally he was a Major in the USMC with 3/5 awesome guy, the "verbage" of how i felt about the incumbent was not umm how do i say this something you'd put on a campaign website but he wrote back something quite witty about how he didn't expect anything less from me and would love to sit down for a cup of coffee. He truly is a small town guy. I hope he wins.

    As fas as coming down and shooting I'd love to but at the same time Its been a dream of mine to open up a range where people from the area dont have to pay an arm and a leg to do something they enjoy and to teach and instruct others on safety and promotion of firearms, hunting, and conservation. I've always supported small town business because i like the personal approach, someone you know is on the other side of the counter or on the other side of the phone.


    The zoning and land board have been nothing but supportive so as soon as i go in the herald im hoping iget support from martell and everyone in pierce co. The range would be an all season range 3 wall with heat for the winter, as well as a tactical range for weapons manipulation and 3 gun shoots. Ive been looking at getting a few certified instructors along with myself and a few family members so we could offer permits to carry for the lowest cost. I dont know how else to put it im passionate about what i do and I've been handling weapons and instructing for the past 5 years i don't think i could do anything else.

    Plus would be an NFA Trust dealer along with a few other things, im all about empowering others..............

    Ill get off the damn soap box now
    I'll pay for using it in winter.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Who is Nancy? What is her last name? She should be allowed to address your accusation.
    You don't live in Pierce county Doug you are from Appleton, none of your business. Ask her anyway.
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-06-2014 at 12:44 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Why so defensive? You made the accusation, not me. My moniker is not Doug and I reside very, very close to Pierce county.
    You still are Doug. You still live OUTSIDE pierce county and I KNOW things about OUR sheriff YOU don't. Take care of YOUR county's affairs

  14. #14
    Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kenosha County, Wisconsin
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    You don't live in Pierce county Doug you are from Appleton, none of your business. Ask her anyway.
    No, actually ol' Master Doug Huffman lives in isolation up in Door County, which is probably the reason for the manifestation of mental instability and the generation of multiple sock puppets created to argue amongst themselves.

    Used to be when someone called his bluff on the use of sock puppets by using his real name, it was greeted by dead silence - crickets chirping - no response whatsoever. Now they each claim "I'm not Doug, who is this person anyway?" Apparently he's living under the illusion that we've all been fooled by the pseudonyms...

    It's kinda sad, really.
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    mn/wi/ca
    Posts
    65
    ignoring those who recreate the muppets movies with dialogue from the site. How much is range time at im guessing hudson rod and gun?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdiesel0311 View Post
    ignoring those who recreate the muppets movies with dialogue from the site. How much is range time at im guessing hudson rod and gun?
    I don't know about the rod and gun but Bill's gun shop where my leo buddy goes to practice is expensive. If it keeps warming up, and the snow melts, so that I am not hip deep in it, I'll target shoot. Now the other immediate target is that possum that is visiting our cracked corn bag meant for the chickens and goats! I have 2 live traps put but they are buried in the snow. I need to get that possum! Wifey said he just stays in the bag, even when they kick it several times as they walk by. A .22 will do, not the mag bec it will wreck my deck. Then I'll have to shoot those monster pigeons in the shed that have been living for years and are now swooping down and attacking my daughter when she feeds the goats. Those pesky critters!

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    mn/wi/ca
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Do you have property that is zoned for a commercial range, how many acres is it what type of backstops to you have. or is this going to be an indoor range/ gun fishing store.

    Good luck in your endeavor your biggest competition well be Gregerson hard ware in Baldwin as far as guns and reloading supplies.

    We can use all the gun fishing stores we can get.
    Is Gregerson an NFA dealer?

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdiesel0311 View Post
    Is Gregerson an NFA dealer?
    Gregerson License Type 01 as of February 2014

    https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi...-wisconsin.txt
    Last edited by Nightmare; 03-08-2014 at 06:51 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    mn/wi/ca
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Gregerson License Type 03 (C&R) as of February 2014

    https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi...-wisconsin.txt
    Thank you for the list. You are an abundance of useful information.

    Type 8 for me.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Gregerson License Type 01 as of February 2014
    I have corrected the type after reading the list in a spreadsheet rather than as text.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    4

    Thanks

    Good luck and thank you for your service

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    No, actually ol' Master Doug Huffman lives in isolation up in Door County, which is probably the reason for the manifestation of mental instability and the generation of multiple sock puppets created to argue amongst themselves.

    Used to be when someone called his bluff on the use of sock puppets by using his real name, it was greeted by dead silence - crickets chirping - no response whatsoever. Now they each claim "I'm not Doug, who is this person anyway?" Apparently he's living under the illusion that we've all been fooled by the pseudonyms...

    It's kinda sad, really.
    What is really sad are the false statements in your post. Are you certified in the mental health field? I know you happen to not be. I met you at the now defunct Lizzys green cafe. That was a few years ago. However, it is not proper to belittle and slander people on assumptions you have posted. Remember woods. Think maddy.

    Since I frequent Pierce county I will have to watch if and when a new establishment as described opens.
    Last edited by Franky; 03-08-2014 at 11:13 PM.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    mn/wi/ca
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    What is really sad are the false statements in your post. Are you certified in the mental health field? I know you happen to not be. I met you at the now defunct Lizzys green cafe. That was a few years ago. However, it is not proper to belittle and slander people on assumptions you have posted. Remember woods. Think maddy.

    Since I frequent Pierce county I will have to watch if and when a new establishment as described opens.
    Im confused by your tactics is this supposed to read like a poorly written threat of some kind?

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    popple butte
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdiesel0311 View Post
    Im confused by your tactics is this supposed to read like a poorly written threat of some kind?
    Nope, obviously you misunderstood my post. Was in response to have gun will carry/travel? person. No animosity of any kind.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kenosha County, Wisconsin
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    What is really sad are the false statements in your post. Are you certified in the mental health field? I know you happen to not be. I met you at the now defunct Lizzys green cafe. That was a few years ago. However, it is not proper to belittle and slander people on assumptions you have posted. Remember woods. Think maddy.

    Since I frequent Pierce county I will have to watch if and when a new establishment as described opens.
    Whatever...

    I should know better than to feed a troll. But in my defense, I was talking about it - not to it...
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •