• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zero tolerance strikes again

davidmcbeth

Banned
he is clearly evil and it should require summary execution ... then and only then would have have learned his lesson (that is: no searches w/o a warrant duh)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.
The young man is in his formative years, involved with JROTC, had possession of a tool common to RKBA - all occurring in a specific state - posted in accordance with guidelines. These conditions have been deemed satisfactory for inclusion countless times before as you have been made aware.

Open discussion of the FACTS is acceptable. Public challenge of moderation is not.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The young man is in his formative years, involved with JROTC, had possession of a tool common to RKBA - all occurring in a specific state - posted in accordance with guidelines. These conditions have been deemed satisfactory for inclusion countless times before as you have been made aware.

Open discussion of the FACTS is acceptable. Public challenge of moderation is not.

This is very curious. I didn't challenge the moderation. You are the one who made it about moderation. I pointed out that the thread was off-topic and in violation of the plain language of the rules. I am sorry if the violator happens to also be a moderator, but just because you are a moderator does not make every comment or post of yours moderation-related.

In any event, the thread is clearly, undeniably, facially off-topic. This forum has a long history of self-moderation, meaning, the members moderate by calling out the violators. And, there is no rule that says members have to wait around silently for an assigned moderator to take action. My post was just as valid as when I've called out cop-bashers and admonished them for cop-bashing.

Simply put, you sir, are in violation of the rules. Your status as moderator has nothing to do with it, unless you try to make it an issue. And, the only reason you would say that is to somehow minimize or reduce the violation by claiming some privilege as a moderator.

Simply put, a knife thread belongs in the Social Lounge.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is very curious. I didn't challenge the moderation. You are the one who made it about moderation. I pointed out that the thread was off-topic and in violation of the plain language of the rules. I am sorry if the violator happens to also be a moderator, but just because you are a moderator does not make every comment or post of yours moderation-related.

In any event, the thread is clearly, undeniably, facially off-topic. This forum has a long history of self-moderation, meaning, the members moderate by calling out the violators. And, there is no rule that says members have to wait around silently for an assigned moderator to take action. My post was just as valid as when I've called out cop-bashers and admonished them for cop-bashing.

Simply put, you sir, are in violation of the rules. Your status as moderator has nothing to do with it, unless you try to make it an issue. And, the only reason you would say that is to somehow minimize or reduce the violation by claiming some privilege as a moderator.

Simply put, a knife thread belongs in the Social Lounge.
A thread or post is decidely not off-topic following a called decision to the contrary.

Self-moderation is a good thing, but not to the degree that a non-member of the Administration may presume authority not granted.

Under other circumstances I might ask you to cite where I am in violation of the rules, sir.

OC for ME

The rules are routinely not applied when they most likely should be.....this is good. Moderation is typically done only when egregious instances are manifest. Also, rules are some times invoked where they should not be.....bad, sometimes. I don't own this bar, and the bartender can kick anyone out anytime they want to, even when the owner ain't behind the bar.

IMHO, the knife story is stretching the RKBAs justification given the mission statement of OCDO. But, my HO don't count for nuthin. ;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The rules are routinely not applied when they most likely should be.....this is good. Moderation is typically done only when egregious instances are manifest. Also, rules are some times invoked where they should not be.....bad, sometimes. I don't own this bar, and the bartender can kick anyone out anytime they want to, even when the owner ain't behind the bar.

IMHO, the knife story is stretching the RKBAs justification given the mission statement of OCDO. But, my HO don't count for nuthin. ;)
I see what you did there :) Your opinion does count...and is heard. It just doesn't automatically change things.

Your analogy about the bartender and absentee owner is not w/o merit - though they do communicate after closing and their judgement is reflected.