• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Putin - saying no force to be used? Who believes him?

Grand Puba

Putin *****!

He will use force of arms,
to take over a free country,
to Protect Russians,
that live THERE!
because they dont Trust living in Russia!

Last edited by a moderator:

OC for ME

Why is this news that a KGB Colonel is invading a neighboring country. The Ruskies have been doing this since 1945.
bored.gif

carolina guy

Why is this news that a KGB Colonel is invading a neighboring country. The Ruskies have been doing this since 1945.
bored.gif

Why is it news that Ukrainians are dissatisfied with their "government"? They are NEVER satisfied for more than a year or two. What I find curious is how little play is given to the attitudes of Western Ukrainians towards Eastern Ukrainians.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have spoken with a few of my Russian friends about this. They have told me that Russians consider the Ukraines "uppity"

So Putin continues to talk (while he moves troops, ships, armor, weapons, int the area. obama continues to talk, talk, talk "as rome burns". Not even Europe will come to their aid. Putin knows it, you know it, and he WILL get away with it.

I heard a reporter ask yesterday if the Glory of the USA is on the decline and are we just a power, not a super power. It only took a generation.

beebobby

Pres. Obama is doing the same thing GWB did 2008 when Putin authorized the occupation of Georgia.

carolina guy

I have spoken with a few of my Russian friends about this. They have told me that Russians consider the Ukraines "uppity"

So Putin continues to talk (while he moves troops, ships, armor, weapons, int the area. obama continues to talk, talk, talk "as rome burns". Not even Europe will come to their aid. Putin knows it, you know it, and he WILL get away with it.

I heard a reporter ask yesterday if the Glory of the USA is on the decline and are we just a power, not a super power. It only took a generation.

My wife is a Russian Ukrainian. She remembers even back in Soviet times that on field trips to western Ukraine they were warned about getting beaten up if they spoke Russian. The fights and bickering between Ukraine and Russia go back hundreds of years, and were it not for the Khrushchev giving Crimea to the Ukrainian SSR, I doubt this would even be an issue.

carolina guy

Most of the Russians I know consider Ukrainians to be childish, lazy thieves. Ukrainians blame Russians for everything they do wrong. ;)

My wife has an anecdote:

An American walks up to an apple tree, sees there are more apples than he can eat, takes a couple, shares some and sells the rest.
A Russian walks up to an apple tree, sees there are more apples than he can eat, eats as many as he can eat and walks away.
A Ukrainian walks up to an apple tree, sees there are more apples than he can eat, takes a bite out of every apple to keep anyone else from getting one.

Last edited: