Thread: The ultimate “selfie”: taken from the cockpit of an F-16 launching a Sidewinder AIM-9

The ultimate “selfie”: taken from the cockpit of an F-16 launching a Sidewinder AIM-9

"Kudos to the Royal Danish Air Force for taking this really cool image.

By the way, the pilot depicted in the image wears a JHMCS (Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System) a multi-role system that enhances pilot situational awareness and provides head-out control of aircraft targeting systems and sensors. The helmet can be used in an air-to-air role, combined with the AIM-9X missile, as High-Off-BoreSight (HOBS) system, that enables pilots to cue onboard weapons against enemy aircraft merely by pointing their heads at the targets to guide the weapons.

In this case the missile launched by the Danish F-16 is an AIM-9L/M.

http://theaviationist.com/wp-content.../RDAF-F-16.jpg

http://theaviationist.com/2014/03/03...issile-selfie/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

No no, the Ultimate selfie, would be taken by an Astro/Cosmonaut on a 'space walk' with the Earth, or Moon, and the Shuttle/ISS as a back-drop.

Something like this:
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    No no, the Ultimate selfie, would be taken by an Astro/Cosmonaut on a 'space walk' with the Earth, or Moon, and the Shuttle/ISS as a back-drop.
    +1 Great photo!!

The other just promotes or honors war and destruction. Meh.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.