• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knife question????

dad2ze

I have looked all over for a whetstone. I've been to Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, even Bed, Bath and Beyond (don't ask). I get these looks when I ask about a whetstone as if I asked if they sold Uranium. Anyone know of where to get a whetstone? I am looking for a $10 stone. Any ideas????

solus

I have used my lansky knife sharping set for over 20 years...and i constantly keep a 20 degree on my blades which is easy to maintain w/this set.

http://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Deluxe-Lansky-Sharpening-System-P102C18.aspx

course went gagga over the sharping site i located...wow!! looking to see if there is some easy way to sharpen serrated blades which i have never mastered...sigh

ipse

Last edited:

American Patriot

I have used my lansky knife sharping set for over 20 years...and i constantly keep a 20 degree on my blades which is easy to maintain w/this set.

http://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Deluxe-Lansky-Sharpening-System-P102C18.aspx

course went gagga over the sharping site i located...wow!! looking to see if there is some easy way to sharpen serrated blades which i have never mastered...sigh

ipse

I have sharpened my serrated blade with a small chainsaw file and a small triangle file. Find two that will fit the blade pattern.