• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off-topic - Va. Pers. Def. Atty. needs help in Northern Ark.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry for the off-topic intrusion, but I need someone to do a service-of-process job in Northern Arkansas - Yellville area. No prior experience, license, or certification is required, but this is one in which we have to get papers into the defendant's hot little hands. A process server has to be over the age of majority, have no interest in the outcome of the litigation, and not be related to any of the parties in the case.

May require jumping a gate (perfectly legal while acting in "official capacity") and walking down a country driveway, and we have no idea how the people are set up. By the way, it's a crime to obstruct or interfere with a person who's engaged in service of process, so local law enforcement ought to help if there's any difficulty. The professional service firm we'd hired before sent someone who was chicken to actually go find and face the woman. (They taped the papers to the gate and ran off.)

This is a case in which a woman has fled the jurisdiction in which custody litigation is ongoing, in order to prevent dad from being with kids and with the (mistaken) belief that she can defeat the local court by running away with her boyfriend.

CT Barfly

Sorry for the off-topic intrusion, but I need someone to do a service-of-process job in Northern Arkansas - Yellville area. No prior experience, license, or certification is required, but this is one in which we have to get papers into the defendant's hot little hands. A process server has to be over the age of majority, have no interest in the outcome of the litigation, and not be related to any of the parties in the case.

May require jumping a gate (perfectly legal while acting in "official capacity") and walking down a country driveway, and we have no idea how the people are set up. By the way, it's a crime to obstruct or interfere with a person who's engaged in service of process, so local law enforcement ought to help if there's any difficulty. The professional service firm we'd hired before sent someone who was chicken to actually go find and face the woman. (They taped the papers to the gate and ran off.)

This is a case in which a woman has fled the jurisdiction in which custody litigation is ongoing, in order to prevent dad from being with kids and with the (mistaken) belief that she can defeat the local court by running away with her boyfriend.

I know an attorney down there who may be able to help. PM me.

user

Accomplished Advocate
We have not, and we need to get this done as soon as possible. We have her address, and we have money to pay for the service. Please send email to me at the address in the user profile if you know of someone who could help with this.