Thread: Obama supporters

Obama supporters

So I know we have a ton of Obama supporters on here and I happen to have some friends on FB that are strong supporters of Mr. Obama. One of these supporters recently began posting pictures such as the ones below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	576137_345711815541138_1548237049_n.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	11356 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1798517_1397375143863227_2140768528_n.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	11357 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1901815_1394942140773194_2077962596_n.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	11358

So finally I sent them a PM.

Name:	msg.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	11359
    I am currently still waiting for a response.

I will say though, I have taken this person to the range with me and they had pretty decent aim and enjoyed shooting. Although some of you guys would have probably un-friend some of these individuals, that would not solve/help the problem. Which is why I worded the message the way I did. Any one else having similar experiences??

Here is a picture of how they did at the range.

Name:	581965_10201018635125720_621979993_n.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	11360
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I've had an extremely negative experience with someone on facebook. I did in fact end up un-friending them. However, I later learned that it's possible to exclude their posts from my news feed without un-friending them, so I re-friended them and did that instead. I was really just tired of seeing all the crap that they were posting, I don't think I stopped caring about them as a person. I don't talk to them, especially about politics, though. I'm not in any way qualified to judge, but IMO you are handling the situation extremely well. Kudos.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I've had an extremely negative experience with someone on facebook. I did in fact end up un-friending them. However, I later learned that it's possible to exclude their posts from my news feed without un-friending them, so I re-friended them and did that instead. I was really just tired of seeing all the crap that they were posting, I don't think I stopped caring about them as a person. I don't talk to them, especially about politics, though. I'm not in any way qualified to judge, but IMO you are handling the situation extremely well. Kudos.

+1

Being a libertarian, I consider both the Republicans and Democrats to be rather silly when it comes to politics in this country.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    +1

Being a libertarian, I consider both the Republicans and Democrats to be rather silly when it comes to politics in this country.
    Only 2 types of people in this country: Americans who are Libertarians and....those who have made bad choices.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Only 2 types of people in this country: Americans who are Libertarians and....those who have made bad choices.
    Well, if you want to make it US versus them, "libertarians" have not elected anyone and should be credited with contributing to the election of the worst progressives from the left Obama and the right Bushes 41 & 43.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Ooops, now ya gone and dunit.

Yea didn't mean to start something. That is why I hate labels and do not consider myself anything. Labels are only there to separate and divide people. pfft.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Well, if you want to make it US versus them, "libertarians" have not elected anyone and should be credited with contributing to the election of the worst progressives from the left Obama and the right Bushes 41 & 43.
    This post is incorrect and not much more than a rather pathetic dig at libertarians, which this poster is known to make. In what way, sir, have libertarians generally contributed to the election of worst progressives? Also could you tell us who these worst progressives are?
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 03-06-2014 at 08:23 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    On this, I shall allow Mr. Carlin to interject.

“I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don’t vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, ‘If you don’t vote, you have no right to complain,’ but where’s the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote — who did not even leave the house on Election Day — am in no way responsible for what these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created.”

Of course, not voting means that you can complain no matter who has been voted into office. Not participating = dropping out.....of liberty, that is.

No... The voting system is an illegitimate system. "Participating" doesn't imply anything any more than merely living within the border. It means nothing. If the liberty minded are able to use the illegitimate system as a tool to further liberty, that's great. If they aren't, then they'll need to resort to other means. It's that simple. Attempting to use the illegitimate voting system as a tool to further liberty doesn't make one responsible for the fact that it's an illegitimate system. Not voting is the same. You've simply chosen not to put any effort into trying to make something good come out of such an illegitimate system. Not voting is not dropping out of liberty. The voting system defies liberty, it spits in it's face. The only way you're working toward liberty and voting is if you understand that ultimately the system is an illegitimate system and you're simply attempting to use it as a tool to further liberty, but that it might not work and you may have to use other means. For this reason only have I ever decided to cast a vote. Otherwise, I refuse.
    Advocate freedom please

Not voting effectively cedes power to those that do.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Not voting means a vote of no confidence. It does not mean you don't get to complain about those who use ballots as bullets and it doesn't mean you don't get to defend yourself against aggressive voters with agendas.

You can never blame the victim for the acts of the aggressor.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Not voting means a vote of no confidence. It does not mean you don't get to complain about those who use ballots as bullets and it doesn't mean you don't get to defend yourself against aggressive voters with agendas.

Mike Hunt just a write in on many of my ballots here in Washington.

Ben Dover is another one who gets a vote.

Phil O'Stein, Max E. Pad, Angie O'Plasty, Heywood Jablomi, and there are many many more that get a write in vote on the ballots.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

+1
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    +1

We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    +1

We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate. - Thomas Jefferson
    ^^^
    Truth!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Let's not forget Jefferson's government was by property owning men and the government on a federal level would have very little effect in an individuals life.

Why we have the 2A, so minorities can fight the oppressive fake majority.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

And participating in the system (voting) makes you complicit in everything that they do, no matter who you voted for. The day that not a single person shows up at the ballot box, is the day that the whole scam falls apart.