Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: any want to meet up in Kitsap?

  1. #1
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763

    any want to meet up in Kitsap?

    I know the official third saturday meet up happened already, but I'm back in town for this week and then will be gone again for about a month.

    so anyone who wants to, I'll be at hideaway 11 AM saturday (the 8th) morning, have some breakfast and OC.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 03-06-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  2. #2
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Well, Yes we had one, 19 days ago..
    And we will have another in 9 days..

    But this Saturday will be a special occasion!!!

    Sooo, i will pencil you in for this Saturday, 11am, at the Hideaway cafe..

    Who else will come and touch base with Eric the wanderer???
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769
    After the meet up, come up to the fairgrounds and visit my table at the gun show.

  4. #4
    Regular Member bebop4one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    After the meet up, come up to the fairgrounds and visit my table at the gun show.
    The website says no loaded firearms permitted except for law enforcement and security personnel. Is that common at gun shows?
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
    - Clint Eastwood

  5. #5
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    After the meet up, come up to the fairgrounds and visit my table at the gun show.
    kitsap county fairgrounds?

    Quote Originally Posted by bebop4one View Post
    The website says no loaded firearms permitted except for law enforcement and security personnel. Is that common at gun shows?
    Near universal.

    the reason is because at gun shows people handle guns and show them off and that kind of thing, It's a safety measure. I'm aware of no gun shows that allow loaded firearms on premises.....
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 03-06-2014 at 07:42 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  6. #6
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    kitsap county fairgrounds?



    Near universal.

    the reason is because at gun shows people handle guns and show them off and that kind of thing, It's a safety measure. I'm aware of no gun shows that allow loaded firearms on premises.....
    9.41.290
    RCW 9.41.290
    State preemption.


    The state of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the state, including the registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and reloader components. Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300, and are consistent with this chapter. Such local ordinances shall have the same penalty as provided for by state law. Local laws and ordinances that are inconsistent with, more restrictive than, or exceed the requirements of state law shall not be enacted and are preempted and repealed, regardless of the nature of the code, charter, or home rule status of such city, town, county, or municipality.
    I believe that the prohibition flies in the face of that law.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  7. #7
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    9.41.290


    I believe that the prohibition flies in the face of that law.
    you can believe that the sky is green, you would be wrong. you can believe that a gun show organizer banning loaded guns at the place they lease is illegal, but you are still wrong. nothing more needs be said.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  8. #8
    Regular Member 1911er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard Wa. /Granite Oklahoma
    Posts
    836
    I will be at the Café sat.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

    DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

    All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

  9. #9
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    you can believe that the sky is green, you would be wrong. you can believe that a gun show organizer banning loaded guns at the place they lease is illegal, but you are still wrong. nothing more needs be said.
    Okay, please cite the legal variance. Please show how they can ban loaded firearms in the country fair grounds.

    If this is true about the gun shows then what is to stop the local government from circumventing the preemption by simply leasing the fairground out year round?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  10. #10
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Okay, please cite the legal variance. Please show how they can ban loaded firearms in the country fair grounds.

    If this is true about the gun shows then what is to stop the local government from circumventing the preemption by simply leasing the fairground out year round?
    Start another thread and I will happily discuss it, I will not further derail this one.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  11. #11
    Regular Member fire suppressor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kitsap County
    Posts
    872
    I will be working tomorrow but I hope everyone has a good time
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

  12. #12
    Regular Member fire suppressor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kitsap County
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    kitsap county fairgrounds?



    Near universal.

    the reason is because at gun shows people handle guns and show them off and that kind of thing, It's a safety measure. I'm aware of no gun shows that allow loaded firearms on premises.....
    When I was living in Michigan you where allowed to carry a loaded handgun at gun shows as long as it did not come out of its holster, i.e your daily carry
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    When I was living in Michigan you where allowed to carry a loaded handgun at gun shows as long as it did not come out of its holster, i.e your daily carry
    Do you have a link to any gun shows in Michigan that state the policy?
    Live Free or Die!

  14. #14
    Regular Member fire suppressor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kitsap County
    Posts
    872
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Do you have a link to any gun shows in Michigan that state the policy?
    I do not I am not even sure what the name of the gun show was. The gun show was a quarterly show at a local gym similar to a YMCA but a little different, I forget what they called it in Michigan. It was in Grand Rapids but I never looked for it online I had locals tell me about. When I went to the show I talked to the official gun show enforcers they are the ones who explained the rules to me. They said as long as the gun stayed in its holster it was fine but if I wanted to take it out for any reason I would have to have it safety checked and zip tied. I never had any reason to take it out of its holster and I never had any problems at all carrying a loaded gun through the gun show. At least when I was there it was common there was a good hand full of other people open carrying loaded hand guns around
    Last edited by fire suppressor; 03-07-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

  15. #15
    Regular Member 1911er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard Wa. /Granite Oklahoma
    Posts
    836
    Well we had our impromptu meet at the café 3 people showed up ENM of Seattle 1245 am defender and A fat bald guy, Oh that was me. Then ENM and I went to Silverdale to the gun show. And yes we complied with their rules and had our firearms tied. parking there is A pain unless your handicapped then they tell you to park where you are not blocking anyone so I parked on the edge of the sidewalk.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

    DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

    All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

  16. #16
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Yup, we met...

    I stopped at Boerner's on the way home, found a used holster for my Astra 400 and spare mag,
    and a shoulder holster for my S&W mod 29-2 8 3/8",,, 24$...

    Then,,, i finaly rounded out my collection of Saturday night specials by buying,,, A
    Hi-Point 45! 207$ out the door...

    Id post a pic, but you already know how ugly it is..
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •