Thread: WWMT 3 "Tom's Corner" GRRRR!!!!

Angry WWMT 3 "Tom's Corner" GRRRR!!!!

His rant tonight was on the Castle laws....
    Ours should be cut, Florida has problems with theirs...
    Then some lies and more demands we neither ours...
    Go watch it then slam them with a comment!!!

Tom is an irrelevant has been. I looked on WWMT and couldn't find this Tom's Corner. Perhaps gun owners need to stop listening to WWMT and let them know why we do not listen anymore.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Are they still on the air? I thought they folded years ago...
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Tom is very antigun. I don't know why they give anyone these types of segments where all they do is go on air and complain about things.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Ignore the twit. Or, slap him with a reminder of his time behind bars for DWI or DUI, or whatever it was.

As for WWMT... they should be sued for false advertisement for calling themselves a news channel. When my cousin was murdered last year, they "were first on scene" and then proceeded to spout off nothing but speculation, rumors, and innuendo. I was physically restrained by a KDPS officer after I heard the report and began verbally berating the reporter on scene and the producer that allowed her to go on air. They're not even a third rate TV station, and it shows in the fact that they hired ol Tom after WOOD-TV canned him.

For those of you interested in seeing the confusing, disjointed and stupid rantings of a man doing anything he can to stay relevant when he should have just faded away years ago...

http://www.wwmt.com//news/features/f...l#.UxmFivnU9ag

Letter to WWMT

This was brought to my attention today: http://www.wwmt.com//news/features/f...l#.UxnD54XPbMh

This is not the first time that your station has let Tom spout off nonsense for minutes on end without any semblance of a reality check. It's one thing to have an opinion, it's another to let someone, who clearly has no idea what he's talking about, ramble on as a credible figure.

When is WWMT going to allow someone to respond? How about a debate?

To list Tom's errors would take far too long, so I will just list his most egregious error. Please explain to Tom that Castle Doctrine and "Stand Your Ground" are two separate notions with separate criteria. His fable of a reality only makes sense when you conflate the two, which is exactly what he did.

I gladly offer my time to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    His rant tonight was on the Castle laws....
    Ours should be cut, Florida has problems with theirs...
    Then some lies and more demands we neither ours...
    Go watch it then slam them with a comment!!!
    I completely agree. I did this post back in September when he bashed the NRA and haven't watched 3 since.

That's why lucky for me I missed this.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Oh yeah see my signature...
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.