• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WWMT 3 "Tom's Corner" GRRRR!!!!

Sheldon

His rant tonight was on the Castle laws....
Ours should be cut, Florida has problems with theirs...
Then some lies and more demands we neither ours...
Go watch it then slam them with a comment!!!

Raggs

Tom is an irrelevant has been. I looked on WWMT and couldn't find this Tom's Corner. Perhaps gun owners need to stop listening to WWMT and let them know why we do not listen anymore.

xmanhockey7

Tom is very antigun. I don't know why they give anyone these types of segments where all they do is go on air and complain about things.

DeSchaine

Ignore the twit. Or, slap him with a reminder of his time behind bars for DWI or DUI, or whatever it was.

As for WWMT... they should be sued for false advertisement for calling themselves a news channel. When my cousin was murdered last year, they "were first on scene" and then proceeded to spout off nothing but speculation, rumors, and innuendo. I was physically restrained by a KDPS officer after I heard the report and began verbally berating the reporter on scene and the producer that allowed her to go on air. They're not even a third rate TV station, and it shows in the fact that they hired ol Tom after WOOD-TV canned him.

For those of you interested in seeing the confusing, disjointed and stupid rantings of a man doing anything he can to stay relevant when he should have just faded away years ago...

http://www.wwmt.com//news/features/...your-ground-type-laws-5601.shtml#.UxmFivnU9ag

bigt8261

Letter to WWMT

This was brought to my attention today: http://www.wwmt.com//news/features/...your-ground-type-laws-5601.shtml#.UxnD54XPbMh

This is not the first time that your station has let Tom spout off nonsense for minutes on end without any semblance of a reality check. It's one thing to have an opinion, it's another to let someone, who clearly has no idea what he's talking about, ramble on as a credible figure.

When is WWMT going to allow someone to respond? How about a debate?

To list Tom's errors would take far too long, so I will just list his most egregious error. Please explain to Tom that Castle Doctrine and "Stand Your Ground" are two separate notions with separate criteria. His fable of a reality only makes sense when you conflate the two, which is exactly what he did.

I gladly offer my time to respond.

Golden Eagle

His rant tonight was on the Castle laws....
Ours should be cut, Florida has problems with theirs...
Then some lies and more demands we neither ours...
Go watch it then slam them with a comment!!!

I completely agree. I did this post back in September when he bashed the NRA and haven't watched 3 since.

That's why lucky for me I missed this. :)