Thread: National Guard Armory

National Guard Armory

So I have tried to research this myself and I can not seem to find anything clear. Is the Ashland National Guard Armory state or federal property? I am asking for carry reasons of course. Ive searched the forums here and tried to find the answer elsewhere. I am sure I have missed something somewhere though.

Not entirely sure, but they should be treated like military posts, and bases. No firearms, even when not federally activated. Irvine No-Good armory has big signs on the entrance gate, that yells "NO FIREARMS BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONAL", The same type of signs you see at BG army depot, Ft. Knox, and Ft. Campbell.

I'll google it for ya.

Not sure how helpful this is to ya, but, the No-Goods' equipment, supplies, weapons, and munitions are paid for, bought, and owned by the FedGov/FedMil. So, I'm sure if you look into it, the cost to build, maintain, and run NG armories and posts, are covered with federal funding... So, just as a safe bet, consider all NG posts, Armories, Depots, etc to be Federal and OFF LIMITS for firearms for us mere, lowly Civilians.

Plus, NG and Reserve units are governed by Federal law, have normalized ranks found with the Federal military, and Service-people, and veterans of NG units are treated and given the same benefits, and such that FedMil has/gets...

Three useful links?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/32/104

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=514473
    Last edited by DrakeZ07; 03-06-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    Not entirely sure, but they should be treated like military posts, and bases. No firearms, even when not federally activated. Irvine No-Good armory has big signs on the entrance gate, that yells "NO FIREARMS BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONAL", The same type of signs you see at BG army depot, Ft. Knox, and Ft. Campbell.

I'll google it for ya.
    Thing is the Armory in Ashland is just a building. There is no gates, fences etc. Anyone can walk up to the door and walk right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy XD View Post
    So I have tried to research this myself and I can not seem to find anything clear. Is the Ashland National Guard Armory state or federal property? I am asking for carry reasons of course. Ive searched the forums here and tried to find the answer elsewhere. I am sure I have missed something somewhere though.
    Should be state property. There's a sign right on my building. I'll take a photo for you on Saturday morning if I remember.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy XD View Post
    Thing is the Armory in Ashland is just a building. There is no gates, fences etc. Anyone can walk up to the door and walk right in.
    As with most of them some have a ffenced area for equipment main building open
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do