• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Guard Armory

Big Daddy XD

So I have tried to research this myself and I can not seem to find anything clear. Is the Ashland National Guard Armory state or federal property? I am asking for carry reasons of course. Ive searched the forums here and tried to find the answer elsewhere. I am sure I have missed something somewhere though.

DrakeZ07

Not entirely sure, but they should be treated like military posts, and bases. No firearms, even when not federally activated. Irvine No-Good armory has big signs on the entrance gate, that yells "NO FIREARMS BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONAL", The same type of signs you see at BG army depot, Ft. Knox, and Ft. Campbell.

I'll google it for ya.

Not sure how helpful this is to ya, but, the No-Goods' equipment, supplies, weapons, and munitions are paid for, bought, and owned by the FedGov/FedMil. So, I'm sure if you look into it, the cost to build, maintain, and run NG armories and posts, are covered with federal funding... So, just as a safe bet, consider all NG posts, Armories, Depots, etc to be Federal and OFF LIMITS for firearms for us mere, lowly Civilians.

Plus, NG and Reserve units are governed by Federal law, have normalized ranks found with the Federal military, and Service-people, and veterans of NG units are treated and given the same benefits, and such that FedMil has/gets...

Three useful links?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/32/104

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=514473

Last edited:

Big Daddy XD

Not entirely sure, but they should be treated like military posts, and bases. No firearms, even when not federally activated. Irvine No-Good armory has big signs on the entrance gate, that yells "NO FIREARMS BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONAL", The same type of signs you see at BG army depot, Ft. Knox, and Ft. Campbell.

I'll google it for ya.

Thing is the Armory in Ashland is just a building. There is no gates, fences etc. Anyone can walk up to the door and walk right in.

Primus

So I have tried to research this myself and I can not seem to find anything clear. Is the Ashland National Guard Armory state or federal property? I am asking for carry reasons of course. Ive searched the forums here and tried to find the answer elsewhere. I am sure I have missed something somewhere though.

Should be state property. There's a sign right on my building. I'll take a photo for you on Saturday morning if I remember.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk