• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gubernatorial Election 2014

stealthyeliminator

Ok, I'm not trying to make a post campaigning for a particular candidate, but over the past few weeks I have become increasingly upset with Greg Abbott. He has been approached and queried regarding OC and the injustices in Texas surrounding OC on numerous occasions. It would seem as though in every case, he will give you a smile, give you some generalized, sympathetic response, and then perhaps even give a veiled promise that he might look into or try to do something about it. But what? Let me ask this question in the open. Has the man done anything to directly affect justice for those that have been falsely arrested, and has the man done anything to directly influence/help the OC movement? I can't name anything.

And so, I feel as though I cannot trust Greg Abbott to stand for justice or liberty. And so, I will not be voting for him.

mustangkiller

So if I understand you correctly, you're gonna vote for the lady that has a proven track record of being anti-gun because the other guy is trying to remain ambiguous about his stance?

rpyne

I would rather vote for someone who is honest about where they stand even if I don't agree with their position, than someone who tells me what they think I want to hear and then acts contrary to their words.

stealthyeliminator

So if I understand you correctly, you're gonna vote for the lady that has a proven track record of being anti-gun because the other guy is trying to remain ambiguous about his stance?

Kathy Glass has a proven track record of being anti-gun? I don't think so. Perhaps you are talking about Wendy Davis? No chance in hell I'd ever vote for Wendy Davis.