• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upload evidence immediately

Dave1776

Hi All

Now first before asking I have found this app but I have NOT had chance to look deeper at it so be aware of that but had a question on this.

Also bear in mind I just upgraded my old dinosaur cell to a smart phone last week so am still learning the ropes of new smart phones and such so bear tat in mind also when answering.

Anyways I came across this app yesterday that allows you to upload video you take of cop abuse right as you are recording it that way if a cop did take your cell phone and "opps" dropped it or "opps....Accidently" deleted or reset the phone that the data is safe from their attempts to cover up their abuse by uploading immediately as you take it and hence protecting your evidence.

I tried getting it for my android phone but seems the android version is not up.

Are there other apps that will allow for immediate uploading as I record so the video is safe and out of the cops hands?? Has to be available for android!

This is the app I found

Fi-Vo Film

Thanks
Dave

JohnSmith1983

Re: upload evidence immediately

The Fi-Vo Film app is up and available on the google and apple stores. Apparently it was down on google for a couple days because it was being updated to account for a change in Dropbox. The app actually works great. It's simple to set up and use. I highly recommend it.

Dave1776

The Fi-Vo Film app is up and available on the google and apple stores. Apparently it was down on google for a couple days because it was being updated to account for a change in Dropbox. The app actually works great. It's simple to set up and use. I highly recommend it.

Great thanks for the update had not checked the last few days as been busy so glad it's back. Never know when you will have to preserve evidence!!! :rolleyes:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Bambuser. I use it all the time. Cops hate it.

http://bambuser.com/premium#packages

Expensive ....

I have had cops ask me for my recording devices ... none of them ever got it....

And this requires like a cellphone or internet service I guess .... I'm too cheap ! Cheap cheap cheap!

I guess you could do audio to a home answering machine...quality would suck but something to consider. But I don't have a cellphone. (I'm cheap remember?)--I use viop .. 1 cent/min ... about 2-3 bucks a month....tried magicjack a few times -- now they want to charge 20/yr (about break even with my viop)....

As you may recall, now I can bring my electronical devices into courthouses and use them, just outside the courtrooms...this is going to get fun...when I get the freaking time.....

cjohnson44546

I guess you could do audio to a home answering machine...quality would suck but something to consider. But I don't have a cellphone. (I'm cheap remember?)--I use viop .. 1 cent/min ... about 2-3 bucks a month....tried magicjack a few times -- now they want to charge 20/yr (about break even with my viop)....

you have to pay? I use Google Voice and call anywhere in the US for free.

stealthyeliminator

http://bambuser.com/premium#packages

Expensive ....

I have had cops ask me for my recording devices ... none of them ever got it....

And this requires like a cellphone or internet service I guess .... I'm too cheap ! Cheap cheap cheap!

As you may recall, now I can bring my electronical devices into courthouses and use them, just outside the courtrooms...this is going to get fun...when I get the freaking time.....

I don't think the premium service is necessary. The 15 day limit on the trial shown there I believe is just a trial of the premium, but I believe non-premium service simply requires a free account and has no expiration. Onus correct me if I'm wrong

Basically it accomplishes the same thing as the app in the op, stream video off site where it will be saved

509rifas

I wouldn't necessarily upload it PUBLICLY right away, depending on the circumstances. Other times you might want to.
I uploaded me leading up to getting arrested for recording on here as soon as I got home and the next day I found out who Carlos Miller was, and the police chief saw it as well, and then the paper got it, and my charges got dropped as a result (partially since the reports and video and witnesses didn't tell the same story.)
But I've read of people screwing themselves in court by not sitting on it. One guy strongly argued against making video public until after depositions, so you can catch the aggressing officer lying on the stand about what happened, and he lost his case because the LEOs knew what to tailor their story to.
Either way, its good to have it somewhere that they can't delete. It'd certainly make for an interesting day if they were to take your phone to search it for weapons and accidentally delete the video, and then claim something entirely different happened.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Just bought ($2) and downloaded Fi-Vo for my Android. Thanks for the link. I just tested it and love how easily and fast it works.

HPmatt

I don't think the premium service is necessary. The 15 day limit on the trial shown there I believe is just a trial of the premium, but I believe non-premium service simply requires a free account and has no expiration. Onus correct me if I'm wrong

Basically it accomplishes the same thing as the app in the op, stream video off site where it will be saved

Non-premium service works fine - 'don't cost nuthin' - to quote Blutarsky.

stealthyeliminator

I wouldn't necessarily upload it PUBLICLY right away, depending on the circumstances. Other times you might want to.
I uploaded me leading up to getting arrested for recording on here as soon as I got home and the next day I found out who Carlos Miller was, and the police chief saw it as well, and then the paper got it, and my charges got dropped as a result (partially since the reports and video and witnesses didn't tell the same story.)
But I've read of people screwing themselves in court by not sitting on it. One guy strongly argued against making video public until after depositions, so you can catch the aggressing officer lying on the stand about what happened, and he lost his case because the LEOs knew what to tailor their story to.
Either way, its good to have it somewhere that they can't delete. It'd certainly make for an interesting day if they were to take your phone to search it for weapons and accidentally delete the video, and then claim something entirely different happened.

Good thing to mention. IMO, I'd simply take to legal counsel about when to make video public if you planned on it ever being used as evidence for any court hearing.