Thread: Woman Killed When Gun Left In Clothes Goes Off At Thrift Store. Ya think?

Woman Killed When Gun Left In Clothes Goes Off At Thrift Store. Ya think?

"The victim, 54, had been sorting through castoff clothing with a male co-worker at Unique Thrift Store in the 9300 block of South Ashland Avenue about 9:45 a.m. When the male co-worker discovered a sock with something inside, he emptied the sock and a .22-caliber handgun fell into his hand, police said. The weapon accidentally discharged and struck the victim in the chest, police said. She later died at Christ Hospital."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/03/...-thrift-store/

This is not the kind of luck that anyone needs, victim or shooter.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "The victim, 54, had been sorting through castoff clothing with a male co-worker at Unique Thrift Store in the 9300 block of South Ashland Avenue about 9:45 a.m. When the male co-worker discovered a sock with something inside, he emptied the sock and a .22-caliber handgun fell into his hand, police said. The weapon accidentally discharged and struck the victim in the chest, police said. She later died at Christ Hospital."

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/03/...-thrift-store/

This is not the kind of luck that anyone needs, victim or shooter.
    Struck his hand and went off? Sounds fishy.... maybe too bad of luck.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Moral: When you find a gun in clothing, don't play with it, pretending to shoot your fellow employees. If you do, lie about it.

This is tragic, but I'd be willing to bet the gun likely didn't just "go off".
    Highly probable that the coworker absent-mindedly put his finger on the trigger (it's what everyone on tv does, right?) and caused the gun to fire.
    This may serve as another instance of "ignorance of firearm safety is NOT the answer"
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 03-08-2014 at 03:33 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Banned
    Hope he had a permit .... only in chicago .... I think its a bogus story .. maybe one of his co-workers snuffed him and placed blame on clothing

I just read this in the Kenosha News paper and it said that "the gun had fallen to the floor and discharged"!?

Even with a finger on the trigger, how does a shot from a fallen gun go through CoM? IMO, he was playing with this 'found gun', pointing it at a coworker.

It most likely went like this hey look what I found pointed gun pulled the trigger bang oh crap I tell you it just went off.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do