Thread: Gun Control vs. Passport Control

Gun Control vs. Passport Control

Ok, I'll say it, has anyone else?

These moron gun-grabbers spend all their energy trying to make criminals out of law-abiding citizens over a couple rounds in a magazine, or a few cosmetic features of a rifle, or friends and neighbors selling each other their guns, while we apparently have NO INTERNATIONAL SYSTEM to black-list STOLEN passports, which according to news reports, allowed at least two - and possibly four - unknown men to board a Boeing 777 which mysteriously crashed into the sea.

Talk about priorities out of whack! This one huge "fail" just cost more innocent lives than all these other gun-control impositions could ever save.

SMH...

[/soapbox]

TFred

Only a racist/extremist/puppy-kicker would bring attention to such a logical parallel. Can't you see illegal immigrants have the same right to vote, drivers' licenses, and health care that American citizens have? I mean, it's not like we're a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC or anything. /sarcasm off
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 03-09-2014 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Clarification
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Passport control is the tip of the titanic Voter ID iceberg and FedGov's Real-ID mandates are steaming full speed ahead towards it.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Well well, looks like I was wrong! I always like to set the record straight, especially when I make an error, so here we go!

Apparently Interpol DOES keep a database of stolen passports and travel documents. However, along the lines of the proverbial horse and water... you can't force the airlines to check the database.

Interpol: No one checked database for 2 stolen passports

The international police organization says last year, passengers boarded planes over a billion times without their passports being checked against Interpol's database of 40 million stolen or lost travel documents.

The France-based agency says that happened again when two people boarded the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight with passports that were on file with Interpol as stolen.

Sad. I bet they start checking now! Who would be foolish enough to knowingly fly with an airline that refuses to check for stolen travel documents?

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    [ ... ] Who would be foolish enough to knowingly fly with an airline that refuses to check for stolen travel documents? TFred
    Who? The same that fly with an airline that wastes manpower-hours checking Nordic grandmas (mor-mor). You know that TSA will have to double their staff for this additional dimension of check.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 03-09-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.