• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Control vs. Passport Control

TFred

Ok, I'll say it, has anyone else?

These moron gun-grabbers spend all their energy trying to make criminals out of law-abiding citizens over a couple rounds in a magazine, or a few cosmetic features of a rifle, or friends and neighbors selling each other their guns, while we apparently have NO INTERNATIONAL SYSTEM to black-list STOLEN passports, which according to news reports, allowed at least two - and possibly four - unknown men to board a Boeing 777 which mysteriously crashed into the sea.

Talk about priorities out of whack! This one huge "fail" just cost more innocent lives than all these other gun-control impositions could ever save.

SMH...

[/soapbox]

TFred

Rusty Young Man

Only a racist/extremist/puppy-kicker would bring attention to such a logical parallel. Can't you see illegal immigrants have the same right to vote, drivers' licenses, and health care that American citizens have? I mean, it's not like we're a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC or anything. /sarcasm off

Last edited:

TFred

Well well, looks like I was wrong! I always like to set the record straight, especially when I make an error, so here we go!

Apparently Interpol DOES keep a database of stolen passports and travel documents. However, along the lines of the proverbial horse and water... you can't force the airlines to check the database.

Interpol: No one checked database for 2 stolen passports

The international police organization says last year, passengers boarded planes over a billion times without their passports being checked against Interpol's database of 40 million stolen or lost travel documents.

The France-based agency says that happened again when two people boarded the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight with passports that were on file with Interpol as stolen.​

Sad. I bet they start checking now! Who would be foolish enough to knowingly fly with an airline that refuses to check for stolen travel documents?

TFred