• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Weapons Sign at MWC Langstons

Robert318

Just wanted to let everyone know that I went shopping last week at the Langstons in Midwest City, I looked on the way in and didn't see any signs. I walked around a bit all while carrying in the open and no one said a word about it, and even was asked if we were ok or needed any help 3 times. After we checked out and went to vehicle I then noticed a little transparent sign, almost invisible sign which explained why I missed it the first time between knee and waist height.

I have been shopping there for a long time as they seem to be one store that almost always has my size overalls at a reasonable price. I guess I will have to find somewhere else to shop for them now, and I would have just not even went in if I saw the sign first off, I'm glad the law has changed and going past signs are no longer criminal.

Why a store owner would choose to support the criminal element by refusing to allow LAC's to be armed is beyond me, because we all know criminals obey the no gun signs.:banghead::mad::cuss:

Does anyone else know a good place to get overalls, and carhart clothing?

Last edited:

woodyrr

Langston's was among the first to apply gun busters signage after the Oklahoma Self Defense Act was passed in the mid 1990s. At that time, the signs were at least six inches in diameter, black, and very clearly visible. Until that time, Langston's had been my "go to" place for clothing, but that ended the instant I saw the sign and I haven't set foot in any of their stores since. That they replaced their prominent signs with transparent signs is interesting.

I don't have a suggestion as to an alternative as I can buy clothes anywhere, but I'm sure there are several and that it would be worth it to seek them out and spend your hard earned dollars at places that welcome your patronage.

Randy P

I wear nothing but carhartt shirts really. Not sure how that happened to be honest. I have an Atwoods just a few miles from me and I frequent them every few weeks. I always make it a point to go check their selection of shirts and buy one or two every so often. Their stock has no real rhyme or reason so I just keep a constant eye out when there.

I've learned the country of origin for the shirts makes a difference in the sizes as well. Some shirts I can wear a X Large with no problems and some I have to get a 2X Large. The only difference in them besides possibly color is where they were made. Were it not for this issue I'd just get them online.

Robert318

Langston's was among the first to apply gun busters signage after the Oklahoma Self Defense Act was passed in the mid 1990s. At that time, the signs were at least six inches in diameter, black, and very clearly visible. Until that time, Langston's had been my "go to" place for clothing, but that ended the instant I saw the sign and I haven't set foot in any of their stores since. That they replaced their prominent signs with transparent signs is interesting.

I don't have a suggestion as to an alternative as I can buy clothes anywhere, but I'm sure there are several and that it would be worth it to seek them out and spend your hard earned dollars at places that welcome your patronage.

You must be referring to a different location because I have been going to the MWC location for over ten years now and as of the past couple years Im sure they haven't had a sign up because I started looking for signs every were (unless it is only posted at the one entrance because I usually used the other one) and I wont patronize those places unless I absolutely have to due to work, exclusive products, or in an emergency.

Thank you and every one else for your replies.

woodyrr

You must be referring to a different location because I have been going to the MWC location for over ten years now and as of the past couple years Im sure they haven't had a sign up because I started looking for signs every were (unless it is only posted at the one entrance because I usually used the other one) and I wont patronize those places unless I absolutely have to due to work, exclusive products, or in an emergency.

Thank you and every one else for your replies.

I was specifically referring to the Stockyards Langston's location. After the SDA law was passed they placed a sign on the front door below the midpoint that was clearly visible and discernible while driving by on Agnew. I sent them a letter about it and never received a reply. Bear in mind, this was about 20 years ago. Once an establishment posts, they pretty much become "unpersons" to me and I move on to someplace else and don't bother to follow up to see if they change their policy at a later date. As to Midwest City, I don't remember if they had a sign when they were located in the old downtown Midwest City location, but I believe they did. When they moved to uptown where they are located now, I never bothered to drive by to look whether or not the had a sign.

I'm sure you will be able to find a suitable alternative.

Last edited:

The Dove

Yukon

Can anyone let us know about the Langstons in Yukon? It's been a while since I have been there but have been more than impressed with their staff.....

The Dove

Marion M

Response

This is what I got back when I inquired.

Marion,

We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our corporate
policy is no firearms are allowed in any of our locations. At this time we
have ordered new stickers and hope to be able to put them up soon. We
apologize for any inconvenience or confusion.

Thank you,
Becky
Langston's Customer Service
www.langstons.com

-----Original Message-----
From: orders@store.yahoo.com [mailto:eek:rders@store.yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2013 8:40 AM
To: service@langstons.com
Subject: Firearms policy

thankyou-url: http://langstons.com/
name: Marion M
phone:
email: ************@gmail.com
policy in your stores. I have noticed a small 'no firearms' sticker on the
side glass window of your store at 240 and Shields. The sign, however, is
placed on the inside of the glass and is backward and illegible from the
outside. I also talked to the manager of the store in Midwest City. He
said that the policy was 'no firearms'. When I mentioned that his store was
not posted with a sign at the door, he said that it was up to each store to
place the stickers. As a holder of a handgun permit in the state of
Oklahoma, I wish to comply with all business owner's wishes with respect to
firearms at their stores. Please advise me on your corporate policy as it
concerns both open and concealed carry by those possessing a valid OK
Handgun Permit. Thank you for your time.

Marion M

woodyrr

It must be nice for a store to have so much business that they can afford to turn customers away by indulging their hostility to the right to keep and bear arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cbxer55

Ever note that the parking lot at the MWC Langston's is usually always empty. I had to get some boots for work, and the only authorized place was either there or a place on Agnew. I did not want to drive to Agnew, so I got them at the MWC location. Payed for by the company, so I can live with it. I was just about the only one there that day. Don't know how they, or the MWC Sears stay in business.

papa24ofu

I have not seen the no guns sign at the MWC Langstons. I have been in there several Times OCing with my Kimber . And I have had several conversation with the manager over the boots asking me about OCing and how I liked my Kimber. Never had one negative response. I guess I will look closer the next time I go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk