• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greeley Barber Shop Refusing Customers That Smell Like Pot

OC for ME

lukaszu

And only if you are gay

Can u turn around and sue the business if they refuse to serve you. But not refused while open carrying. I'm all for the government to keep its nose out of private businesses.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
It seems that some pot smokers are no different that some firearms enthusiasts, they will respond negatively when told that their "rights" are subordinate to a property owners rights.

Sweet irony.

Rarely do observations about commonplace human behavior rise to the level of "irony".

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
LOL Stoners looking to become a protected class!

Considering that stoners have been victims of state-sponsored persecution for decades, I would seriously argue that they are exactly as deserving of this as are the existing protected classes (more so in some cases).

Whether "deserving" is a sufficient criterion to justify abrogation of the right to free association is, of course, another question entirely.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Didn't know they cut their hair....

Well, hippies generally don't.

But, seeing as the correlation between stoners and hippies has been abysmally poor for, I dunno, 25 years or so…

Real men don't pay to have their hair done, anyway. (I know that particular bit of feminization has been popularized by the armed forces, but that doesn't change my stance.)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Can u turn around and sue the business if they refuse to serve you. But not refused while open carrying. I'm all for the government to keep its nose out of private businesses.
Unless you are a member of a protected class and been discriminated against on that basis, you have no legitimate grounds for civil action. A business owner may choose to not serve you because you are wearing a red shirt on Tuesday morning......and serve another person wearing a red shirt on Tuesday afternoon.

OC for ME

Corral said he’s been threatened with lawsuits and people trashing his window.

“People ripping the sign off, I’ve had to clean spit off my front door,” said Corral.
Rarely? True, in this rare instance, irony abounds.

HPmatt

Well, hippies generally don't.

But, seeing as the correlation between stoners and hippies has been abysmally poor for, I dunno, 25 years or so…

Real men don't pay to have their hair done, anyway. (I know that particular bit of feminization has been popularized by the armed forces, but that doesn't change my stance.)

Guess hippies have to get it colored to keep the grey out of the ponytail....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken56

You think "hippies" are the only people that smoke pot? I guess that only white right wing bible thumpers wrapped in a U.S. flag are the only ones who OC then too right??? I don't partake of the stuff myself but I have known a few suburbanite house wives and their establishment husbands whom you would think are Ward and June Cleaver that do. I support the guy not wanting the stink in his shop. Should be cigarette stench included too.

HPmatt

You think "hippies" are the only people that smoke pot?

Based on how large the drug business has become, not just the imports across the border, but the cash crops in TN, WV, NC, as well as the Pacific NW, and the success of 75 years worth of work of secular progressives to transform America to a secular society where people are offended at the public posting of bible verses -
..this is the training ground for future military leaders of the USAF…..'He said the Bible verse on the cadet's personal whiteboard created a hostile environment at the academy'/
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014...y-removes-bible-verse-from-cadet-whiteboard//

I would say it would be much easier to identify markers of who does NOT smoke pot (or other drugs) - over 35, owns their own business, fundamental christian orientation, married, has kids.

Last edited: