Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New to OC in Idaho

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Middleton, ID
    Posts
    7

    New to OC in Idaho

    Hello all,
    I have been a believer in 2A my whole life. I have never practiced OC or CC until now. I was getting ready to do the cc class but have decided to oc. I live in Idaho. I am just looking for advice, where not to go (already had a bad experience at a gun store), etc.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,096
    Welcome!
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

  3. #3
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by poppabear View Post
    Hello all,
    I have been a believer in 2A my whole life. I have never practiced OC or CC until now. I was getting ready to do the cc class but have decided to oc. I live in Idaho. I am just looking for advice, where not to go (already had a bad experience at a gun store), etc.
    What gun store? On Saturday I OC and went in Cabelas, Sportmans warehouse, Templar Exchange (gun store by winco in Meridian) and Cliffs with zero problems. I also went to Lowes, a lighting store off Of Rifleman by the Boise town square, Hastings, and Costco to get fuel. I try to always open carry while fueling at Costco, just my way of protesting a little

    Ya might want to get a concealed permit just to cya when driving (just in case a Leo thinks your pistol was concealed due to position, seatbelt etc.) or in cold weather. It just takes the worry out getting caught up in legalities of open or concealed.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Middleton, ID
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    What gun store? On Saturday I OC and went in Cabelas, Sportmans warehouse, Templar Exchange (gun store by winco in Meridian) and Cliffs with zero problems. I also went to Lowes, a lighting store off Of Rifleman by the Boise town square, Hastings, and Costco to get fuel. I try to always open carry while fueling at Costco, just my way of protesting a little

    Ya might want to get a concealed permit just to cya when driving (just in case a Leo thinks your pistol was concealed due to position, seatbelt etc.) or in cold weather. It just takes the worry out getting caught up in legalities of open or concealed.
    I do agree on the CC permit. In fact that is the reason I had not been OC as of yet is those grey areas. The store was Alpha and Omega in Nampa. That was my first day OC a couple of weeks ago and it made me a little hesitant since then. But I guess I should not let that one time discourage me.

  5. #5
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by poppabear View Post
    I do agree on the CC permit. In fact that is the reason I had not been OC as of yet is those grey areas. The store was Alpha and Omega in Nampa. That was my first day OC a couple of weeks ago and it made me a little hesitant since then. But I guess I should not let that one time discourage me.
    I forgot about Alpha and Omega. I personally haven't been to that gun store, but I have heard they seem to hate open carry and I mean hate it. That's the reason I never bothered going. Maybe I should of found out for my self instead of just assuming what I heard to be true, but it seems that you're experience seems to follow what I learned about them. Don't let it discourage you in open carry. Only once was I ask to leave a store and that was at a Safeway in Sandpoint ID.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Middleton, ID
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    I forgot about Alpha and Omega. I personally haven't been to that gun store, but I have heard they seem to hate open carry and I mean hate it. That's the reason I never bothered going. Maybe I should of found out for my self instead of just assuming what I heard to be true, but it seems that you're experience seems to follow what I learned about them. Don't let it discourage you in open carry. Only once was I ask to leave a store and that was at a Safeway in Sandpoint ID.
    Yes , do stop by. You will be walked outside and told to conceal or disarm. Also a guy in the back might yell out "touch it and you will be shot." I do not go that many places. Work (can't carry here) Wal mart, ridleys and the gas station. Thats about it most of the time. Also are there any groups around? I have read that there is an OC dinner sometimes.

  7. #7
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by poppabear View Post
    Yes , do stop by. You will be walked outside and told to conceal or disarm. Also a guy in the back might yell out "touch it and you will be shot." I do not go that many places. Work (can't carry here) Wal mart, ridleys and the gas station. Thats about it most of the time. Also are there any groups around? I have read that there is an OC dinner sometimes.
    The open carry dinner will be posted on Tony Snesko's facebook page. You can do a search by typing in Idahoopencarry or going to Tony's web site and using the link there. WWW.Idahoopencarry.org

    I went to the last one they had in Feb. and it was really neat to experience. They moved it to the Fuddruckers in Boise since it had seating for 110 in main dining room and it was crowded. I think they might have to find somewhere else that has more capacity.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Middleton, ID
    Posts
    7
    Thank you. I had already looked in to that Facebook page and liked it. I did oc to a store for the first time today. Ace hardware in Middleton. No issues at all.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    [QUOTE=poppabear;2042885] Also a guy in the back might yell out "touch it and you will be shot."

    I believe that is assault in Idaho.

    18-901. ASSAULT DEFINED. An assault is:
    (a) An unlawful attempt, coupled with apparent ability, to commit a violent injury on the person of another; or
    (b) An intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 03-20-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •