• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC in Idaho

poppabear

Hello all,
I have been a believer in 2A my whole life. I have never practiced OC or CC until now. I was getting ready to do the cc class but have decided to oc. I live in Idaho. I am just looking for advice, where not to go (already had a bad experience at a gun store), etc.

OC Freedom

Hello all,
I have been a believer in 2A my whole life. I have never practiced OC or CC until now. I was getting ready to do the cc class but have decided to oc. I live in Idaho. I am just looking for advice, where not to go (already had a bad experience at a gun store), etc.

What gun store? On Saturday I OC and went in Cabelas, Sportmans warehouse, Templar Exchange (gun store by winco in Meridian) and Cliffs with zero problems. I also went to Lowes, a lighting store off Of Rifleman by the Boise town square, Hastings, and Costco to get fuel. I try to always open carry while fueling at Costco, just my way of protesting a little :)

Ya might want to get a concealed permit just to cya when driving (just in case a Leo thinks your pistol was concealed due to position, seatbelt etc.) or in cold weather. It just takes the worry out getting caught up in legalities of open or concealed.

poppabear

What gun store? On Saturday I OC and went in Cabelas, Sportmans warehouse, Templar Exchange (gun store by winco in Meridian) and Cliffs with zero problems. I also went to Lowes, a lighting store off Of Rifleman by the Boise town square, Hastings, and Costco to get fuel. I try to always open carry while fueling at Costco, just my way of protesting a little :)

Ya might want to get a concealed permit just to cya when driving (just in case a Leo thinks your pistol was concealed due to position, seatbelt etc.) or in cold weather. It just takes the worry out getting caught up in legalities of open or concealed.

I do agree on the CC permit. In fact that is the reason I had not been OC as of yet is those grey areas. The store was Alpha and Omega in Nampa. That was my first day OC a couple of weeks ago and it made me a little hesitant since then. But I guess I should not let that one time discourage me.

OC Freedom

I do agree on the CC permit. In fact that is the reason I had not been OC as of yet is those grey areas. The store was Alpha and Omega in Nampa. That was my first day OC a couple of weeks ago and it made me a little hesitant since then. But I guess I should not let that one time discourage me.

I forgot about Alpha and Omega. I personally haven't been to that gun store, but I have heard they seem to hate open carry and I mean hate it. That's the reason I never bothered going. Maybe I should of found out for my self instead of just assuming what I heard to be true, but it seems that you're experience seems to follow what I learned about them. Don't let it discourage you in open carry. Only once was I ask to leave a store and that was at a Safeway in Sandpoint ID.

poppabear

I forgot about Alpha and Omega. I personally haven't been to that gun store, but I have heard they seem to hate open carry and I mean hate it. That's the reason I never bothered going. Maybe I should of found out for my self instead of just assuming what I heard to be true, but it seems that you're experience seems to follow what I learned about them. Don't let it discourage you in open carry. Only once was I ask to leave a store and that was at a Safeway in Sandpoint ID.

Yes , do stop by. You will be walked outside and told to conceal or disarm. Also a guy in the back might yell out "touch it and you will be shot." I do not go that many places. Work (can't carry here) Wal mart, ridleys and the gas station. Thats about it most of the time. Also are there any groups around? I have read that there is an OC dinner sometimes.

OC Freedom

Yes , do stop by. You will be walked outside and told to conceal or disarm. Also a guy in the back might yell out "touch it and you will be shot." I do not go that many places. Work (can't carry here) Wal mart, ridleys and the gas station. Thats about it most of the time. Also are there any groups around? I have read that there is an OC dinner sometimes.

The open carry dinner will be posted on Tony Snesko's facebook page. You can do a search by typing in Idahoopencarry or going to Tony's web site and using the link there. WWW.Idahoopencarry.org

I went to the last one they had in Feb. and it was really neat to experience. They moved it to the Fuddruckers in Boise since it had seating for 110 in main dining room and it was crowded. I think they might have to find somewhere else that has more capacity.

poppabear

Thank you. I had already looked in to that Facebook page and liked it. I did oc to a store for the first time today. Ace hardware in Middleton. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeff Hayes

Also a guy in the back might yell out "touch it and you will be shot."

I believe that is assault in Idaho.

18-901. ASSAULT DEFINED. An assault is:
(a) An unlawful attempt, coupled with apparent ability, to commit a violent injury on the person of another; or
(b) An intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

Last edited: