Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 92

Thread: Want to know what winds my clock too tight????

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek, ,
    Posts
    559

    Angry Want to know what winds my clock too tight????

    (a political rant)



    The other night on the CBS evening news: a story about how the government is cutting funding to the Military PX. For those of you that do not know what a PX is, it is nothing more than a grocery store often with some clothes, shoes, appliances, and other knick knacks.



    Those with military ID can shop there and purchase low cost food (and other items) ...without the mark up, state, or local taxes on the items. As a great many Military families make what would be considered close to the poverty level in their pay, this is a huge help in their family food budget, saving them thousands each year.



    Back on topic, the government in a cost saving effort is cutting aid to these stores from (round numbers) from the present 1.2 Billion down to 440 million…. So first we cut hot meals to our personnel in the field, now we take the food away from their family????



    All this to save money because according to congress woman Nancy Pelosi, there is no place else to cut… REALLY???

    How about starting with the billions we send to countries that sponsor terrorism, murder people not of their faith, and burn our flag. How about curtailing our Monarch’s royal family vacations on the tax payer’s dollar? 200 million for the Africa vacation, 100 million for a family trip for the Wife to China with the girls. Or how about the 60 million spent on a recent spring break by the kids to show their friend s good time?

    Cut spending Mr. President, good idea but let’s start first at home, AKA your home, and then those that do not like us, hate us, and flat out want us dead!!!



    All this happens while the multi generational freeloaders in this country eat steak and lobster, while that those that serve our country, defend it with honor, that they and their family may go hungry... This is both sad and very very sick...

  2. #2
    Regular Member MamaLiberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    885
    (I am a "Marine brat" and a widowed Navy wife. I wouldn't wish military life or their welfare existence on anyone.)

    How about this.... End the theft. All of it.

    Own your life and property without paying "rent" to ANY government.
    Eliminate every spying, whoring, police state "agency" in the country.
    Eliminate every single bureaucratic cesspool bleeding us dry, at every level.
    Bring all the troops home, from EVERYWHERE. Close all the bases, especially all foreign bases.
    Leave the market alone, period... to rebuild the economy and allow business to create jobs for all who want to work.

    The Obummer imperial insanity isn't the root of this problem... it's just one small symptom. Yes indeed, it needs to stop, but that's only one small leak in our sinking boat.

    No human being, or group of people, have ANY legitimate authority to control the lives of others, or to steal/control their property.

    We don't need "limited government." We need self ownership, self governance, and freedom.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

    Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

  3. #3
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    (a political rant)



    The other night on the CBS evening news: a story about how the government is cutting funding to the Military PX. For those of you that do not know what a PX is, it is nothing more than a grocery store often with some clothes, shoes, appliances, and other knick knacks.



    Those with military ID can shop there and purchase low cost food (and other items) ...without the mark up, state, or local taxes on the items. As a great many Military families make what would be considered close to the poverty level in their pay, this is a huge help in their family food budget, saving them thousands each year.



    Back on topic, the government in a cost saving effort is cutting aid to these stores from (round numbers) from the present 1.2 Billion down to 440 million…. So first we cut hot meals to our personnel in the field, now we take the food away from their family????



    All this to save money because according to congress woman Nancy Pelosi, there is no place else to cut… REALLY???

    How about starting with the billions we send to countries that sponsor terrorism, murder people not of their faith, and burn our flag. How about curtailing our Monarch’s royal family vacations on the tax payer’s dollar? 200 million for the Africa vacation, 100 million for a family trip for the Wife to China with the girls. Or how about the 60 million spent on a recent spring break by the kids to show their friend s good time?

    Cut spending Mr. President, good idea but let’s start first at home, AKA your home, and then those that do not like us, hate us, and flat out want us dead!!!



    All this happens while the multi generational freeloaders in this country eat steak and lobster, while that those that serve our country, defend it with honor, that they and their family may go hungry... This is both sad and very very sick...
    So military families don't pay the same taxes that we normal people pay, when they use a base grocery store, taking advantage of government and military benefits which entitles them such comforts. Sounds like a Government entitlement program, sounds reasonable to cut it drastically. I mean, if we're gonna cut EBT food-stamps to families who need it because they are poverty stricken, then let's be fair, and cut the funding for military families to get cheaper foods, with no taxes, than what can be found at wal-mart, or Kroger, and so on. Unless you really think that military families, and their serving members, are somehow more equal, and deserving of things that aren't open to the public.

    And hey, I'll tell you, what every GOP Republican tells everyone else who isn't in the military or was in the military; The families, and veterans who don't like being hungry, and being poor, can always go find a better paying job elsewhere, or go to college and get a degree. It's not like a veteran suffers to find a good job within the 'civilian' job market, heck, where I live, businesses and companies would rather hire a veteran, and pay them more, than to hire a skilled 'civilian' worker. Colleges get bonus to grants and donations, and such, for enrolling veterans and current-members to their colleges/courses, than they do for enrolling minorities and non-minorities.

    I dunno what you're ranting about, compared to poverty-class families, and persons; No-Goods [Nat'l Guards], Active/Reserve military, and Veterans have some darn good options, and opportunities that are not available to normal, and poorer, 'civilians'.

    Here's an idea, how about instead of paying truck-loads of money to our congress critters, senators, secretaries of Departments, high level military officers, cabinet members, and Executive persons, we just pay them all minimum wage salaries, because that's good enough to live on according to every Conservative I've ever met... If it's good enough for us Americans, it's good enough for our leaders. Or, how about we cut the size of our military, down to pre-World War 2 levels, get rid of a couple multi-billion dollar aircraft carriers, and go back to having a army of less than 100k in peace-time, and a navy large enough to defend our coasts, instead of projecting the threat of American Interventionism into every corner of the world. Another way to save money, would be to get rid of our Socialized health-care Veterans Affair's hospitals, and programs. Vet's injured in war time and suffering mental problems don't need Communistic, and free-healthcare! We're America! We're capitalists, if vets need a doctor, they can go to the hospital like everyone else, and get medical treatment like everyone else, and pay out the arse for medicine, like everyone else. The U.S. could probably halve our total debt by cutting out the VA, reducing the military, and stop giving tax breaks and subsidies to colleges and private businesses, for hiring vets.

    Oh wait, I forgot, this is America... It's not socialist, or communistic to give free, or reduced-priced healthcare to Veterans. But it IS communistic to do the same for everyone else. It's anti-American, and un-Patriotic to even think about reducing our military size and NOT to be the world's police force. AND it's Hellish, and satanic to want our leadership to endure the same income that poorer Americans have to deal with in their lives. How silly of me to forget to take my brain-washing medications and obey everything the media tells me, while only thinking the way my political party tells me to think.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    End socialist security, welfare, and foreign aid for starters.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    This for CONUS and overseas?

    I could see CONUS but not outside CONUS

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    (I am a "Marine brat" and a widowed Navy wife. I wouldn't wish military life or their welfare existence on anyone.)

    How about this.... End the theft. All of it.

    Own your life and property without paying "rent" to ANY government.
    Eliminate every spying, whoring, police state "agency" in the country.
    Eliminate every single bureaucratic cesspool bleeding us dry, at every level.
    Bring all the troops home, from EVERYWHERE. Close all the bases, especially all foreign bases.
    Leave the market alone, period... to rebuild the economy and allow business to create jobs for all who want to work.

    The Obummer imperial insanity isn't the root of this problem... it's just one small symptom. Yes indeed, it needs to stop, but that's only one small leak in our sinking boat.

    No human being, or group of people, have ANY legitimate authority to control the lives of others, or to steal/control their property.

    We don't need "limited government." We need self ownership, self governance, and freedom.
    +1

  7. #7
    Regular Member Gallowmere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    (I am a "Marine brat" and a widowed Navy wife. I wouldn't wish military life or their welfare existence on anyone.)

    How about this.... End the theft. All of it.

    Own your life and property without paying "rent" to ANY government.
    Eliminate every spying, whoring, police state "agency" in the country.
    Eliminate every single bureaucratic cesspool bleeding us dry, at every level.
    Bring all the troops home, from EVERYWHERE. Close all the bases, especially all foreign bases.
    Leave the market alone, period... to rebuild the economy and allow business to create jobs for all who want to work.

    The Obummer imperial insanity isn't the root of this problem... it's just one small symptom. Yes indeed, it needs to stop, but that's only one small leak in our sinking boat.

    No human being, or group of people, have ANY legitimate authority to control the lives of others, or to steal/control their property.

    We don't need "limited government." We need self ownership, self governance, and freedom.
    Pretty much this.

  8. #8
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    No place else to cut is a lie. Simple as that. No place else the tyrants would rather cut is the truth.
    Advocate freedom please

  9. #9
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    (I am a "Marine brat" and a widowed Navy wife. I wouldn't wish military life or their welfare existence on anyone.)

    How about this.... End the theft. All of it.

    Own your life and property without paying "rent" to ANY government.
    Eliminate every spying, whoring, police state "agency" in the country.
    Eliminate every single bureaucratic cesspool bleeding us dry, at every level.
    Bring all the troops home, from EVERYWHERE. Close all the bases, especially all foreign bases.
    Leave the market alone, period... to rebuild the economy and allow business to create jobs for all who want to work.

    The Obummer imperial insanity isn't the root of this problem... it's just one small symptom. Yes indeed, it needs to stop, but that's only one small leak in our sinking boat.

    No human being, or group of people, have ANY legitimate authority to control the lives of others, or to steal/control their property.

    We don't need "limited government." We need self ownership, self governance, and freedom.
    Negative. Never work unfortunately. That would be reverting back to middle ages essentially , from a military stand point. From a social stand point the country would collapse.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Negative. Never work unfortunately. That would be reverting back to middle ages essentially , from a military stand point. From a social stand point the country would collapse. Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    AFFIRMATIVE. Perhaps it needs to, to reset and terminate enforcers of injustice. Over and out.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Negative. Never work unfortunately. That would be reverting back to middle ages essentially , from a military stand point. From a social stand point the country would collapse.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    The middle ages had:
    Own your life and property without paying "rent" to ANY government?
    Eliminate every spying, whoring, police state "agency" in the country?
    Eliminate every single bureaucratic cesspool bleeding us dry, at every level?
    Bring all the troops home, from EVERYWHERE. Close all the bases, especially all foreign bases?
    Leave the market alone, period... to rebuild the economy and allow business to create jobs for all who want to work?

    Didn't think so. Your argument is invalid.
    Advocate freedom please

  12. #12
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    AFFIRMATIVE. Perhaps it needs to, to reset and terminate enforcers of injustice. Over and out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    The middle ages had:
    Own your life and property without paying "rent" to ANY government?
    Eliminate every spying, whoring, police state "agency" in the country?
    Eliminate every single bureaucratic cesspool bleeding us dry, at every level?
    Bring all the troops home, from EVERYWHERE. Close all the bases, especially all foreign bases?
    Leave the market alone, period... to rebuild the economy and allow business to create jobs for all who want to work?

    Didn't think so. Your argument is invalid.
    So it needs to go back to middle ages to "reset"? Is that what kind of people we are? Toss any and all advances we've made as a culture and start from scratch? Sounds good. While we are at it, let's get rid of the wheel. We can keep fire though. So we can all sit around fires and be free.

    Stealthy, not sure if intentional but you missed a fact..... I said MILITARY itd be like going to middle ages. You for some reason left that out and made it seem I said socially. I didn't. Reread the post please, I made a clear distinction for this exact reason.

    From social standpoint I just said it would collapse. Please keep the two separate in discussion, unless your implying that's what you believe, its not what I believe.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Primus; 03-10-2014 at 07:13 PM.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    The middle ages had:
    Own your life and property without paying "rent" to ANY government? - vasaldom and serfdom, as well as outright slavery
    Eliminate every spying, whoring, police state "agency" in the country? - does that include delivering the mail? How about the army/navy for defense of the State?
    Eliminate every single bureaucratic cesspool bleeding us dry, at every level? - Bleeding just exactly whom dry? Wait till you live under the wonderful, free and unfettered system of vasaldom and serfdom where The State (your literal Lord and Master) took anywhere from 75% to 99%
    Bring all the troops home, from EVERYWHERE. Close all the bases, especially all foreign bases? - while not the primary reason, one of the reasons we have only had to deal with one foreign incursion is because we put up roadblocks closer to the borders of our enemies. Without the population being willing to accept both an Atlantic and Pacific Wall the ability to repel an invader is going to be draned costly and quite frankly unlikely to be successful
    Leave the market alone, period... to rebuild the economy and allow business to create jobs for all who want to work? - you really believe in full employment? Really?

    Didn't think so. Your argument is invalid.
    stay safe.

    Oops - just realized MammaLiberty is the author of the quote. Apologies for messing it up.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  14. #14
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    So it needs to go back to middle ages to "reset"? Is that what kind of people we are? Toss any and all advances we've made as a culture and start from scratch? Sounds good. While we are at it, let's get rid of the wheel. We can keep fire though. So we can all sit around fires and be free.

    Stealthy, not sure if intentional but you missed a fact..... I said MILITARY itd be like going to middle ages. You for some reason left that out and made it seem I said socially. I didn't. Reread the post please, I made a clear distinction for this exact reason.

    From social standpoint I just said it would collapse. Please keep the two separate in discussion, unless your implying that's what you believe, its not what I believe.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    I didn't make it seem that way. I used precisely the text from the post that you quoted and were responding to and questioned how any of those propositions would in any way make our state (in any way: militarily, socially, or otherwise) comparable to the state of things during the medieval era.

    It would be nothing like going back to the middle ages.

    Perhaps you were purposefully exaggerating for artistic effect and really just simply meant that it would be militarily disadvantageous to adopt such policies/political structure. Well, I personally believe that isn't the case. I happen to believe that it is possible to find a solution to maintaining security while declining to compromise principle.

    Moreover, great minds have said, essentially, that even if it is impossibly disadvantageous, if you are willing to compromise principle for security then you don't deserve it.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 03-10-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

  15. #15
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    (I am a "Marine brat" and a widowed Navy wife. I wouldn't wish military life or their welfare existence on anyone.) <snip>

    No human being, or group of people, have ANY legitimate authority to control the lives of others, or to steal/control their property.

    We don't need "limited government." We need self ownership, self governance, and freedom.
    I'll check with my kids and see if they agree with you. I suspect that they will. What should I do then?

  16. #16
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I'll check with my kids and see if they agree with you. I suspect that they will. What should I do then?
    Speaking of inter-family relationships, public relationships. Intra-family relationships obviously may be different, especially child-parent relationships.
    Advocate freedom please

  17. #17
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    (I am a "Marine brat" and a widowed Navy wife. I wouldn't wish military life or their welfare existence on anyone.)

    How about this.... End the theft. All of it.

    Own your life and property without paying "rent" to ANY government.
    Eliminate every spying, whoring, police state "agency" in the country.
    Eliminate every single bureaucratic cesspool bleeding us dry, at every level.
    Bring all the troops home, from EVERYWHERE. Close all the bases, especially all foreign bases.
    Leave the market alone, period... to rebuild the economy and allow business to create jobs for all who want to work.

    The Obummer imperial insanity isn't the root of this problem... it's just one small symptom. Yes indeed, it needs to stop, but that's only one small leak in our sinking boat.

    No human being, or group of people, have ANY legitimate authority to control the lives of others, or to steal/control their property.

    We don't need "limited government." We need self ownership, self governance, and freedom.
    +1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  18. #18
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    So it needs to go back to middle ages to "reset"? Is that what kind of people we are? Toss any and all advances we've made as a culture and start from scratch? Sounds good. While we are at it, let's get rid of the wheel. We can keep fire though. So we can all sit around fires and be free.

    Stealthy, not sure if intentional but you missed a fact..... I said MILITARY itd be like going to middle ages. You for some reason left that out and made it seem I said socially. I didn't. Reread the post please, I made a clear distinction for this exact reason.

    From social standpoint I just said it would collapse. Please keep the two separate in discussion, unless your implying that's what you believe, its not what I believe.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk


    Being a military empire isn't necessarily an advancement.

    Yes we should cut military greatly, all countries should but especially ours. Our military welfare program is a destruction of wealth and good relations.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  19. #19
    Regular Member 1911er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard Wa. /Granite Oklahoma
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    So military families don't pay the same taxes that we normal people pay, when they use a base grocery store, taking advantage of government and military benefits which entitles them such comforts. Sounds like a Government entitlement program, sounds reasonable to cut it drastically. I mean, if we're gonna cut EBT food-stamps to families who need it because they are poverty stricken, then let's be fair, and cut the funding for military families to get cheaper foods, with no taxes, than what can be found at wal-mart, or Kroger, and so on. Unless you really think that military families, and their serving members, are somehow more equal, and deserving of things that aren't open to the public.

    And hey, I'll tell you, what every GOP Republican tells everyone else who isn't in the military or was in the military; The families, and veterans who don't like being hungry, and being poor, can always go find a better paying job elsewhere, or go to college and get a degree. It's not like a veteran suffers to find a good job within the 'civilian' job market, heck, where I live, businesses and companies would rather hire a veteran, and pay them more, than to hire a skilled 'civilian' worker. Colleges get bonus to grants and donations, and such, for enrolling veterans and current-members to their colleges/courses, than they do for enrolling minorities and non-minorities.

    I dunno what you're ranting about, compared to poverty-class families, and persons; No-Goods [Nat'l Guards], Active/Reserve military, and Veterans have some darn good options, and opportunities that are not available to normal, and poorer, 'civilians'.

    Here's an idea, how about instead of paying truck-loads of money to our congress critters, senators, secretaries of Departments, high level military officers, cabinet members, and Executive persons, we just pay them all minimum wage salaries, because that's good enough to live on according to every Conservative I've ever met... If it's good enough for us Americans, it's good enough for our leaders. Or, how about we cut the size of our military, down to pre-World War 2 levels, get rid of a couple multi-billion dollar aircraft carriers, and go back to having a army of less than 100k in peace-time, and a navy large enough to defend our coasts, instead of projecting the threat of American Interventionism into every corner of the world. Another way to save money, would be to get rid of our Socialized health-care Veterans Affair's hospitals, and programs. Vet's injured in war time and suffering mental problems don't need Communistic, and free-healthcare! We're America! We're capitalists, if vets need a doctor, they can go to the hospital like everyone else, and get medical treatment like everyone else, and pay out the arse for medicine, like everyone else. The U.S. could probably halve our total debt by cutting out the VA, reducing the military, and stop giving tax breaks and subsidies to colleges and private businesses, for hiring vets.

    Oh wait, I forgot, this is America... It's not socialist, or communistic to give free, or reduced-priced healthcare to Veterans. But it IS communistic to do the same for everyone else. It's anti-American, and un-Patriotic to even think about reducing our military size and NOT to be the world's police force. AND it's Hellish, and satanic to want our leadership to endure the same income that poorer Americans have to deal with in their lives. How silly of me to forget to take my brain-washing medications and obey everything the media tells me, while only thinking the way my political party tells me to think.
    Its very obvious you have never put your life on the line for those who live in our country so don't bad mouth those that do. In other words until you put your feet in their shoes **** you are using up good air.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

    DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

    All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

  20. #20
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Its very obvious you have never put your life on the line for those who live in our country so don't bad mouth those that do. In other words until you put your feet in their shoes **** you are using up good air.
    So many things wrong with this statement... And by wrong, I simply mean inconsistent with the principles of liberty. Moreover, it really grinds me in a bad way when people act like I'm not entitled to analyze or to speak negatively of a certain occupation or activity unless I've done it myself. Unless I legally forfeit a significant portion of my rights, intentionally and knowingly subject myself to mistreatment of varying levels, participate in a war machine which may or may not be life-threatening, and which I may or may not find significant moral objections to, then I can't say anything negative about a veteran, or the military, or military policy, or the characteristics or benefits of their occupation, etc... That is complete ********.
    Advocate freedom please

  21. #21
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    So many things wrong with this statement... And by wrong, I simply mean inconsistent with the principles of liberty. Moreover, it really grinds me in a bad way when people act like I'm not entitled to analyze or to speak negatively of a certain occupation or activity unless I've done it myself. Unless I legally forfeit a significant portion of my rights, intentionally and knowingly subject myself to mistreatment of varying levels, participate in a war machine which may or may not be life-threatening, and which I may or may not find significant moral objections to, then I can't say anything negative about a veteran, or the military, or military policy, or the characteristics or benefits of their occupation, etc... That is complete ********.
    Thank you for saying exactly what I could not without throwing in some unpopular, and condescending/insulting phrases.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    Its very obvious you have never put your life on the line for those who live in our country so don't bad mouth those that do. In other words until you put your feet in their shoes **** you are using up good air.
    I wonder what those little asterisks would be if the profanity filter wasn't engaged.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    I wonder what those little asterisks would be if the profanity filter wasn't engaged.
    Shut the **** up?

  23. #23
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    So many things wrong with this statement... And by wrong, I simply mean inconsistent with the principles of liberty. Moreover, it really grinds me in a bad way when people act like I'm not entitled to analyze or to speak negatively of a certain occupation or activity unless I've done it myself. Unless I legally forfeit a significant portion of my rights, intentionally and knowingly subject myself to mistreatment of varying levels, participate in a war machine which may or may not be life-threatening, and which I may or may not find significant moral objections to, then I can't say anything negative about a veteran, or the military, or military policy, or the characteristics or benefits of their occupation, etc... That is complete ********.
    There is only one thing "wrong" with his statement, he used (sort of) profanity to make it. And, 1911er's statement is not inconsistent with the principals of liberty. 1911er "analyzed and spoke negatively" of DrakeZ07's liberal rant on the military.

    Irony is thick in this thread.

  24. #24
    Regular Member MurrayRothbard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    (I am a "Marine brat" and a widowed Navy wife. I wouldn't wish military life or their welfare existence on anyone.)

    How about this.... End the theft. All of it.

    Own your life and property without paying "rent" to ANY government.
    Eliminate every spying, whoring, police state "agency" in the country.
    Eliminate every single bureaucratic cesspool bleeding us dry, at every level.
    Bring all the troops home, from EVERYWHERE. Close all the bases, especially all foreign bases.
    Leave the market alone, period... to rebuild the economy and allow business to create jobs for all who want to work.

    The Obummer imperial insanity isn't the root of this problem... it's just one small symptom. Yes indeed, it needs to stop, but that's only one small leak in our sinking boat.

    No human being, or group of people, have ANY legitimate authority to control the lives of others, or to steal/control their property.

    We don't need "limited government." We need self ownership, self governance, and freedom.
    Marry Me Please!

  25. #25
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    There is only one thing "wrong" with his statement, he used (sort of) profanity to make it. And, 1911er's statement is not inconsistent with the principals of liberty. 1911er "analyzed and spoke negatively" of DrakeZ07's liberal rant on the military.

    Irony is thick in this thread.
    Oh, okay, well at least now I know that unless you're kissing the military's arse, and worshiping their service member's, and adamantly defending the asinine programs, protections, budgets, and benefits that the Military and their families get, then you're obviously a liberal. HOW SILLY OF ME TO FORGET THAT!

    According to people like 1911'er, and OC for ME; for not going up to a soldier, and immediately offering them money, my property, my eternal thanks, and possibly******** *** ***** for their pleasure, that make's me an un-Patriotic, Anti-Liberty, Liberal.

    Here, let me redeem myself and show how American, and Liberty-minded I am, to better please my Republican counter-parts.

    I absolutely love our military forces, and the personal within each branch of service. I think we the people should cut, and slash poverty-programs like Unemployment, which only help people get lazier, and mooch off of the government. We should nix EBT food stamps, because poor people don't matter, they're under-educated and can easily find better jobs that better serve their betters. Let's ban unions, and get rid of a federally, or state-regulated minimum wage, all the while ending the federal reserve and letting banking corporations decide the fate of the dollar because we can trust them, AND they are good people because they give every political money lots of money, like good Americans should! Hey, while we're at it, let's get rid of the Health and Human services, child protective services, and the FDA! Because we can trust all parents to be good examples for children, never putting them in harm, and we all know that the only reason some parents beat and hurt their children, is because there are laws against it, and they want to rebel. The FDA needs to be nixed because we can trust drug companies to automatically have the people's best intentions in mind INSTEAD of worrying about their profits. And why would anyone need much of the first amendment anyway, the only freedom of religion we need in Amerika is the Freedom to worship the Christian god however, and whenever, people wants, and the only free speech the people needs, is the right to assemble, and protest in favour of the Bible to be used to subject non-believers and devil worshipers into compliance with our godly rules!

    Now that we saved Amerika from the billions of dollars that would otherwise go into funding those silly poor people who don't need money anyway, they'll just die off and we'll not have to worry about them anymore, although we never cared about them in the first place! We can now send Billions, and Trillions of dollars to the Military! Every strong-blooded, patriotic American knows by heart, that the Navy needs AT-LEAST 25 Super-carriers, and no less than 500 Support war-ships! The Air Force needs and demands that we give them 2500 B-2B bombers and Nighthawks, to help support our soon-to-be 5 Million ground-troop sized army in spreading DEMOCRACY and FREEDOM all around the world, by FORCE! We're gonna LIBERATE the sh*t out of all OPEC and old cold war enemies! We should also give MORE MONEY to the Veterans Affairs, it is the responsibility of ALL AMERICANS to pay for the healthcare of wounded, and old soldiers!

    ONE PARTY! ONE GOVERNMENT! ONE PURPOSE!
    HAIL VICTORY! HAIL VICTORY! HAIL VICTORY!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-14-2014 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Inappropriate comment
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •