Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duuuh

Duuuh

Unbelievable! I can understand dropping the gun accidentally under some circumstances but this.... I hope he did not have a CCL otherwise he will make us look bad.

A north central Wisconsin man is recovering from a freak shooting incident at his home during the weekend. Authorities said the 52-year-old Gleason man threw a bag on his bedroom floor with a loaded pistol inside. When it hit the floor, the 38-caliber Derringer went off -- and it wounded the man in one of his legs. He was taken to a Wausau hospital. His condition was not immediately disclosed. The incident happened around 2:30 Saturday morning. Officials say they will not seek charges.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/co...-rural-schools

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Unbelievable! I can understand dropping the gun accidentally under some circumstances but this.... I hope he did not have a CCL otherwise he will make us look bad.

A north central Wisconsin man is recovering from a freak shooting incident at his home during the weekend. Authorities said the 52-year-old Gleason man threw a bag on his bedroom floor with a loaded pistol inside. When it hit the floor, the 38-caliber Derringer went off -- and it wounded the man in one of his legs. He was taken to a Wausau hospital. His condition was not immediately disclosed. The incident happened around 2:30 Saturday morning. Officials say they will not seek charges.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/co...-rural-schools
    What did his having or not having a Concealed Carry License have to do with anything? His careless handling is at issue, not what credentials he may or may not hold. Being careless with a loaded firearm is not the domain of either concealed carriers or open carriers, and since this is an Open Carry forum, the whole thing may be non-germane anyway.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by jamescanby View Post
    what did his having or not having a concealed carry license have to do with anything? His careless handling is at issue, not what credentials he may or may not hold. Being careless with a loaded firearm is not the domain of either concealed carriers or open carriers, and since this is an open carry forum, the whole thing may be non-germane anyway.
    exactamundo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    What did his having or not having a Concealed Carry License have to do with anything? His careless handling is at issue, not what credentials he may or may not hold. Being careless with a loaded firearm is not the domain of either concealed carriers or open carriers, and since this is an Open Carry forum, the whole thing may be non-germane anyway.
    One CCL holder was testing his gun indoors in the garage by firing the gun into the wall. The bullet went through the wall into a neighbor's house. We do have a few of them out there who are not thinking. The guy threw a bag on the floor with the gun inside. That is not the way you store a gun. In a bag. Now he could have come home from a trip and put the gun in a shopping bag and carried it into his house and threw it in his bedroom discharging the gun. Now if he had a CCL he should have known better, having the training not to do something like that. The cops came, and you know how many of them think? No 2A for the citizen, only them. If the guy had a CCL, the cops will think 'Hmm, are all CCL holders stupid? Are they being trained well? Man we can't have citizens toting guns, they don't know how to handle them' etc... We need to be careful with our guns. Then there was this guy with a gun in his pocket in a store and it fell out and discharged... I forget if he was a CCL holder. Now should not a gun be holstered and secured when out and about?? You are a NRA certified instructor. We do have cheese heads in this state, Yours might be perfect.
    Do not reply the troll. You'll figure him out
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-10-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Most of us OCers here have a CCL to avoid leo biases and override federal GFSZ rules.

I would like to know the make and model Davis derringer perhaps
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    Clearly a civil matter ... is he going to sue himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Article didn't say

When on private property, you may conceal without a permit. CCL issue is moot.

Sent from my Nokia Lumina using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    When on private property, you may conceal without a permit. CCL issue is moot.

That wasn't my point

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

not innoguiltycent!

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Try this place.

http://www.amderringer.com/m7.html

Not the safest gun design in my view.

However, American Derringer does have a weapon safety page.

http://www.amderringer.com/safety.html

Good stuff on there.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I hope all those thousands of drunk drivers convicted every year didn't have driver's licenses because they will make us look bad....
    Good point, especially if they drive a ugly truck.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I hope all those thousands of drunk drivers convicted every year didn't have driver's licenses because they will make us look bad....
    They are two different things because 2A is treated differently than other rights and the legal system is eager to disarm us. Think about it. What goes thru a cop's mind when he comes across the above situation. Gee this guy has a CCL. Was he sleeping in the class not to understand basic gun safety? DWIers are incarcerated after a number offenses and still go thru a revolving door. It is easier to get a driver's license back than a CCL or RTKABA. Even a felon an get a driver's license.

Even a felon who is a felonious DUI-er.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    They are two different things because 2A is treated differently than other rights and the legal system is eager to disarm us. Think about it. What goes thru a cop's mind when he comes across the above situation. Gee this guy has a CCL. Was he sleeping in the class not to understand basic gun safety? DWIers are incarcerated after a number offenses and still go thru a revolving door. It is easier to get a driver's license back than a CCL or RTKABA. Even a felon an get a driver's license.
    I don't think you need a CCL ... you have the RKBA its a natural right.

I think it used to be that DWI's had a revolving door ... I don't think so anymore. I have been in court where the guy got his 3rd ...I was in court in early DEC a few years back ... judge gave him 1 yr ... judge asked him if he wanted it moved to start past Xmas .. dude said no...lets get it over with. Then wished everyone merry Xmas...and he was gone.

I hope he did not have a CCL otherwise he will make us look bad.
    Right. Because pieces of paper and government approval actually mean something.

More broadly speaking, what exactly does a citizen with a CCW/CCL/whatever it's called, look like, exactly, so I don't look like that guy?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    More broadly speaking, what exactly does a citizen with a CCW/CCL/whatever it's called, look like, exactly, so I don't look like that guy?

He looks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I don't think you need a CCL ... you have the RKBA its a natural right.

I think it used to be that DWI's had a revolving door ... I don't think so anymore. I have been in court where the guy got his 3rd ...I was in court in early DEC a few years back ... judge gave him 1 yr ... judge asked him if he wanted it moved to start past Xmas .. dude said no...lets get it over with. Then wished everyone merry Xmas...and he was gone.
    And if we CCLers or non CCLers screw it the first time. Watch out! The devil is at the door!
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-19-2014 at 02:00 PM.

The stupidity in the incident detailed in OP has nothing to do with OC or Concealed carry permits.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth
    Actually, there's probably an ordinance against discharge of a firearm in city limits, other than for self-defense.
    And I'd say he committed "endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon", which is a state crime. (And if he's convicted, the state can steal & destroy his gun, in addition to whatever other penalties it imposes.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Actually, there's probably an ordinance against discharge of a firearm in city limits, other than for self-defense.
    And I'd say he committed "endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon", which is a state crime. (And if he's convicted, the state can steal & destroy his gun, in addition to whatever other penalties it imposes.)
    There is!

Injury by negligent handling of dangerous weapon, explosives or fire. Class I Felony

941.20 (1) (a)
    Endangers another's safety by negligent operation or handling of a dangerous weapon. Class A misdemeanor

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    There is!

Injury by negligent handling of dangerous weapon, explosives or fire. Class I Felony

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8
    Does that include accidental self inflicted injury too? If it does, that tells me how wacko we have gotten.

Centurion
    Does that include accidental self inflicted injury too? If it does, that tells me how wacko we have gotten.
    It is the EPITOME of kicking someone when they are down!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast