• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Duuuh

Law abider

Unbelievable! I can understand dropping the gun accidentally under some circumstances but this.... I hope he did not have a CCL otherwise he will make us look bad.

A north central Wisconsin man is recovering from a freak shooting incident at his home during the weekend. Authorities said the 52-year-old Gleason man threw a bag on his bedroom floor with a loaded pistol inside. When it hit the floor, the 38-caliber Derringer went off -- and it wounded the man in one of his legs. He was taken to a Wausau hospital. His condition was not immediately disclosed. The incident happened around 2:30 Saturday morning. Officials say they will not seek charges.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/c...ators-discuss-increased-funding-rural-schools

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Unbelievable! I can understand dropping the gun accidentally under some circumstances but this.... I hope he did not have a CCL otherwise he will make us look bad.

A north central Wisconsin man is recovering from a freak shooting incident at his home during the weekend. Authorities said the 52-year-old Gleason man threw a bag on his bedroom floor with a loaded pistol inside. When it hit the floor, the 38-caliber Derringer went off -- and it wounded the man in one of his legs. He was taken to a Wausau hospital. His condition was not immediately disclosed. The incident happened around 2:30 Saturday morning. Officials say they will not seek charges.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/c...ators-discuss-increased-funding-rural-schools

What did his having or not having a Concealed Carry License have to do with anything? His careless handling is at issue, not what credentials he may or may not hold. Being careless with a loaded firearm is not the domain of either concealed carriers or open carriers, and since this is an Open Carry forum, the whole thing may be non-germane anyway.

fjpro2a

Yes

what did his having or not having a concealed carry license have to do with anything? His careless handling is at issue, not what credentials he may or may not hold. Being careless with a loaded firearm is not the domain of either concealed carriers or open carriers, and since this is an open carry forum, the whole thing may be non-germane anyway.

exactamundo!!!

Law abider

What did his having or not having a Concealed Carry License have to do with anything? His careless handling is at issue, not what credentials he may or may not hold. Being careless with a loaded firearm is not the domain of either concealed carriers or open carriers, and since this is an Open Carry forum, the whole thing may be non-germane anyway.

One CCL holder was testing his gun indoors in the garage by firing the gun into the wall. The bullet went through the wall into a neighbor's house. We do have a few of them out there who are not thinking. The guy threw a bag on the floor with the gun inside. That is not the way you store a gun. In a bag. Now he could have come home from a trip and put the gun in a shopping bag and carried it into his house and threw it in his bedroom discharging the gun. Now if he had a CCL he should have known better, having the training not to do something like that. The cops came, and you know how many of them think? No 2A for the citizen, only them. If the guy had a CCL, the cops will think 'Hmm, are all CCL holders stupid? Are they being trained well? Man we can't have citizens toting guns, they don't know how to handle them' etc... We need to be careful with our guns. Then there was this guy with a gun in his pocket in a store and it fell out and discharged... I forget if he was a CCL holder. Now should not a gun be holstered and secured when out and about?? You are a NRA certified instructor. We do have cheese heads in this state, Yours might be perfect.
Do not reply the troll. You'll figure him out

Last edited:

Law abider

Most of us OCers here have a CCL to avoid leo biases and override federal GFSZ rules.

wimwag

When on private property, you may conceal without a permit. CCL issue is moot.

Sent from my Nokia Lumina using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

Law abider

I hope all those thousands of drunk drivers convicted every year didn't have driver's licenses because they will make us look bad....

They are two different things because 2A is treated differently than other rights and the legal system is eager to disarm us. Think about it. What goes thru a cop's mind when he comes across the above situation. Gee this guy has a CCL. Was he sleeping in the class not to understand basic gun safety? DWIers are incarcerated after a number offenses and still go thru a revolving door. It is easier to get a driver's license back than a CCL or RTKABA. Even a felon an get a driver's license.

davidmcbeth

Banned
They are two different things because 2A is treated differently than other rights and the legal system is eager to disarm us. Think about it. What goes thru a cop's mind when he comes across the above situation. Gee this guy has a CCL. Was he sleeping in the class not to understand basic gun safety? DWIers are incarcerated after a number offenses and still go thru a revolving door. It is easier to get a driver's license back than a CCL or RTKABA. Even a felon an get a driver's license.

I don't think you need a CCL ... you have the RKBA its a natural right.

I think it used to be that DWI's had a revolving door ... I don't think so anymore. I have been in court where the guy got his 3rd ...I was in court in early DEC a few years back ... judge gave him 1 yr ... judge asked him if he wanted it moved to start past Xmas .. dude said no...lets get it over with. Then wished everyone merry Xmas...and he was gone.

OC for ME

More broadly speaking, what exactly does a citizen with a CCW/CCL/whatever it's called, look like, exactly, so I don't look like that guy?

wimwag

More broadly speaking, what exactly does a citizen with a CCW/CCL/whatever it's called, look like, exactly, so I don't look like that guy?

sanesypy.png

He looks like this.

Sent from my Nokia Lumina using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

Law abider

I don't think you need a CCL ... you have the RKBA its a natural right.

I think it used to be that DWI's had a revolving door ... I don't think so anymore. I have been in court where the guy got his 3rd ...I was in court in early DEC a few years back ... judge gave him 1 yr ... judge asked him if he wanted it moved to start past Xmas .. dude said no...lets get it over with. Then wished everyone merry Xmas...and he was gone.
And if we CCLers or non CCLers screw it the first time. Watch out! The devil is at the door!

Last edited: