Thread: St. Joseph county OC groups?

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar

St. Joseph county OC groups?

I'm looking for events in St. Joseph County (Sturgis, Centreville, etc.) Can anyone advise if there are any active groups out there? I'm from VA, looking for events for my MI family to connect with.
    Be active.

Michigan Open Carry (MOC) has some members in that area IIRC?

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/

If not you could always (help them) plan a small meet up at a local restaurant that is OC friendly ( MacDonald's, Arby's, etc...). As we say here "post it and a they will come." Heck I drove 200 miles rounds trip once for a OC meet @ a pizza parlor.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-11-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post

If not you could always (help them) plan a small meet up at a local restaurant that is OC friendly ( MacDonald's, Arby's, etc...). As we say here "post it and a they will come." Heck I drove 200 miles rounds trip once for a OC meet @ a pizza parlor.
    Yeah... you did.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

@Bikenut - that place has some of the best pizza on the planet! And even better company was present.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

@Bikenut - that place has some of the best pizza on the planet! And even better company was present.
    Agreed on both counts... and I still owe you a soda!
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Best way to stay informed about events Michigan Open Carry is hosting is our mail list: http://miopencarry.org/updates

As AZ mentioned, we're always looking for ppl to help host events. Email events@miopencarry.org for more details.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    I'm curious to find events for my father in law to get involved in. He's a Vietnam veteran, former holder of a FFL, has his CPL (carries in his boot), but doesn't carry openly. He seems surprised that I OC (supportive and curious, but reluctant) so I'm trying to introduce him to the idea. Maybe we can attend an event in MI when I visit, I think he'd feel more comfortable starting out in a group.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Be active.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Best way to stay informed about events Michigan Open Carry is hosting is our mail list: http://miopencarry.org/updates

As AZ mentioned, we're always looking for ppl to help host events. Email events@miopencarry.org for more details.
    there is many things going on in kent county. iirc tom is the co-ordinator there? he would be a good point of contact for getting events planned if he is in fact the co-ordinator for the SW region

The SW regional coordinator is Ryan Adams. Best way to reach SW region team, including the coordinator, is swregion@miopencarry.org

Funny thing: all our regional coordinators are electricians.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    The SW regional coordinator is Ryan Adams. Best way to reach SW region team, including the coordinator, is swregion@miopencarry.org

Funny thing: all our regional coordinators are electricians.
    BRYAN ADAMS! That guy is awesome! ...err so is Ryan Adams ....knows his OC stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdq9vvhgS6w
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-13-2014 at 11:43 PM.