Thread: Illinois Concealed Carry Licenses are Going Out

Illinois Concealed Carry Licenses are Going Out

Illinois concealed carry licenses are going out to those that aren't instructors. The first of these went out over a week ago. A lot of applications went in on January 5. Mine went in January 9 and the Illinois State Police website showed it was active on 3/10 so I expect it later this week if the mail comes in a timely manor.

My application number was 24xxx, so a lot are going in, about 1000 per day I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by junglebob View Post
    ...Mine went in January 9 and the Illinois State Police website showed it was active on 3/10 so I expect it later this week if the mail comes in a timely manor...
    Or manner.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Or manner.
    Thanks for the correction BB62, I meant manner not manor "the house or hall of an estate"!

Glad to hear this. It's about time.
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

I got to hold a real Illinois Concealed Carry License today. Best thing was it had my name and picture on it and it came in the mail today. I was planning on going to town today. I carried and stopped at Lowes, Kroger food store and another store and a few other folks. FREEDOM! Well pretty good for Illinois.

Congratulations!

Now get out there with an awesome carry gun!

My liberal friends in the Chicago area are surely defecating in their drawers, waiting for the blood in the streets; they are hoplophobic as can be. Well I hope they drink plenty of fluid and eat plenty of fiber, they have a long time to wait--and the neighborhoods where there is indeed blood in the streets might start to improve.

The last I heard, 3/12 I think, the number of applications was at 60,000. I'm not sure what percentage is coming from the Chicago area.

SteveInCo. I checked and at the end of January the number of of applications from Chicago was 7,842 maybe 1/5 of the total if it was about 40,000 at the time. Tell your friends in Chicago that there may be 12,000 that may have applied by now. They could always more to Washington, D.C. were licenses aren't issued, then they'd feel safe.
    Last edited by junglebob; 03-14-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Unicorns are real, pigs are flying. What's next, Illinois issuing CHLs? Why yes.

Found this over on Reddit, seems they actually do exist. Whoda thunk it.

It's even scarier (for them) if that number is just for the actual city of Chicago, as opposed to the Chicago area.

The last time I visited them was a few years ago and the gun issue came up. She actually asked me if I was carrying a gun right then.

I wasn't. But really, asking someone if they are committing a felony?

I wish the non-resident permit was a lot cheaper, because then I *would* carry in their presence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebob View Post
    I got to hold a real Illinois Concealed Carry License today. Best thing was it had my name and picture on it and it came in the mail today. I was planning on going to town today. I carried and stopped at Lowes, Kroger food store and another store and a few other folks. FREEDOM! Well pretty good for Illinois.
    visit crook county ... they'll likely hassle the crap out of you