Thread: Do you carry proud?

Do you carry proud?

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/do-...MjYwOTUxMDc2S0

Once again those conceal carry people say there is a "tactical advantage" for conceal carry...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

That’s a good thing. Because proper concealment provides a criminal the optimum chance to make a fatal error in the victim-selection process. - Kevin Michalowski, February 6, 2013.
    Well, Mr. Michalowski, it seems that you confirm my suspicion that there are a some number of CCers itching to shoot a BG. I desire to not want to shoot anyone is made evident by my OCing.

Your ulterior monetary motive, the CC "industrial complex", is again evident.....follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    [ ... ]Your ulterior monetary motive, the CC "industrial complex", is again evident.....follow the money.
    LOL P4P as the industrial complex! Follow the money.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

IF carrying concealed did indeed present a 'tactical advantage' because the bad guys would never know who to shoot first,
    THEN police unions, out of their dear concern for the safety of their uniformed members, should protest to each and every precinct that mandates their officers wear arms openly and have big, shiny 'shoot me first' badges located over one of their most vital organs. How can police unions be so uncaring of the safety of their members?
    ELSE the wearing of arms openly has a deterrent affect on criminal actions as a whole.

OR, I could just be pullin' that outta thin air and that police wearing distinctive uniforms and openly carrying arms has nothing to do with crime.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 03-12-2014 at 02:06 PM.

I must have missed something in his rant~~~How the hell is carrying concealed, "carrying proud"? Nobody knows if done properly, and if not done properly why do it? I agree, some of the CC crowd wants to shoot somebody, they want the element of surprise to end a life. Where I just want to be left alone, and have no problem with them wanting to look like a victim.

Bet he wears one of those stupid CCW badges hanging around his neck while concealing...
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-12-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

It's a puff piece. It offers no real consideration to the Constitution nor to the laws applicable to CCW. Outside of the myth of "tactical advantage," it's the plain old statements for carry- open or concealed. "I carry to be safe from those that wish me and mine harm." The article doesn't even offer a chance for people to quickly respond- like a poll. Nobody's gonna read the comments.

Lame article is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I must have missed something in his rant~~~How the hell is carrying concealed, "carrying proud"? Nobody knows if done properly, and if not done properly why do it? I agree, some of the CC crowd wants to shoot somebody, they want the element of surprise to end a life. Where I just want to be left alone, and have no problem with them wanting to look like a victim.

Bet he wears one of those stupid CCW badges hanging around his neck while concealing...
    Dem badges...this guy...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Dem badges...this guy...ugh.
    Maybe this guy needs to go back to Weapon safety 101 how many times does he put his finger inside the trigger guard? And just tossing it around playing with a loaded weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by lucas340 View Post
    Maybe this guy needs to go back to Weapon safety 101 how many times does he put his finger inside the trigger guard? And just tossing it around playing with a loaded weapon.
    Aside from the booger hook on the trigger, did you notice how many times that idiot got it hung up in his shirt with his thumb method? Or the "give it the ol' spin" (with a Glock, no less)? In a real life or death situation this guy would be screwed. His holster doesn't even have a retention system, and he still managed to pull off about five of the ugliest draws I've ever seen in my life.

I don't even CC, and I'm fully aware that pulling the clothing both away from, and up from the gun with the off-hand is the best way to start the draw process. This dude...if he ever does shoot someone, I'm almost sure it will be either himself (best case) or an innocent bystander (worst case).
    Last edited by Gallowmere; 03-12-2014 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Redundancy removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Aside from the booger hook on the trigger, did you notice how many times that idiot got it hung up in his shirt with his thumb method? Or the "give it the ol' spin" (with a Glock, no less)? In a real life or death situation this guy would be screwed. His holster doesn't even have a retention system, and he still managed to pull off about five of the ugliest draws I've ever seen in my life.

I don't even CC, and I'm fully aware that drawing from concealed is best done by pulling the clothing both away from, and up from the gun with the off-hand is the best way to start the draw process. This dude...if he ever does shoot someone, I'm almost sure it will be either himself (best case) or an innocent bystander (worst case).
    I only watched 6 minutes of it (all I could take) but I love how he is basically talking crap about blackhawk serpa holster when he has a 2 dollar nylon holster as you said with no retention

Why is it that all these morons who conceal carry have stinkin badges and make sure they print so people will know they have a gun.

Wannabe cops and wannabe superheroes~~that is once they leave Mom's basement.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Why is it that all these morons who conceal carry have stinkin badges and make sure they print so people will know they have a gun.

Wannabe cops and wannabe superheroes~~that is once they leave Mom's basement.
    It is pretty damned ridiculous, and completely counterproductive to their "get the drop on 'em" mentality. If you're gonna go that route, just spare the change for the shoddy badge, and use the cash for a box of ammo while OCing.

sorry if i was CC'g and the bad guy is standing in sight of me within, oh say five feet of me with a firearm, no way in hell would i pull my CC'd firearm like johnny hero, since the chance to spook the bad guy to shoot anybody, myself included is now almost 100%.

nope, my scenario mentality is i stand there like the other good kind folk and act scared and look stupid. Heaven only knows what would occur if the bad guy gets me out of his field of vision...hummmm!!!

now OC'g and the bad guy got that close with a firearm w/o my seeing them...shame on me and i deserve what ever is about to occur...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Well, Mr. Michalowski, it seems that you confirm my suspicion that there are a some number of CCers itching to shoot a BG. I desire to not want to shoot anyone is made evident by my OCing.

Your ulterior monetary motive, the CC "industrial complex", is again evident.....follow the money.
    Nailed it.

I have respect for CC as a mode of carry (or so I pretend ) but I'm rapidly losing any for the "tactical advantage" crowd. It's becoming increasingly clear that their disconnect from reality is, in fact, driven by ulterior motives and fantasies.

All this talk about OC making one a "target" is just so much projection… deep down, subconsciously, the "tactical advantage" crowd hope to become targets. Why else would they pretend to be unarmed?
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-20-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Nailed it.

I have respect for CC as a mode of carry (or so I pretend ) but I'm rapidly losing any for the "tactical advantage" crowd. It's becoming increasingly clear that their disconnect from reality is, in fact, driven by ulterior motives and fantasies.

All this talk about OC making one a "target" is just so much projection… deep down, subconsciously, the "tactical advantage" crowd hope to become targets. Why else would they pretend to be unarmed?
    I think they, the CC only crowd, on average, is afeard, as my Appalachia brethren are wont to say from time to time, to OC.....on average, that is.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I think they, the CC only crowd, on average, is afeard, as my Appalachia brethren are wont to say from time to time, to OC.....on average, that is.
    Agreed. I do believe most CCers are merely afraid to OC. I've heard people admit as much (in a roundabout way, of course).

I was speaking only of the "tactical advantage" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Agreed. I do believe most CCers are merely afraid to OC. I've heard people admit as much (in a roundabout way, of course).

I was speaking only of the "tactical advantage" crowd.
    Pseudo cold blooded killer crowd, no?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare