• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you carry proud?

OC for ME

That’s a good thing. Because proper concealment provides a criminal the optimum chance to make a fatal error in the victim-selection process. - Kevin Michalowski, February 6, 2013.
Well, Mr. Michalowski, it seems that you confirm my suspicion that there are a some number of CCers itching to shoot a BG. I desire to not want to shoot anyone is made evident by my OCing.

Your ulterior monetary motive, the CC "industrial complex", is again evident.....follow the money.

Fallschirjmäger

IF carrying concealed did indeed present a 'tactical advantage' because the bad guys would never know who to shoot first,
THEN police unions, out of their dear concern for the safety of their uniformed members, should protest to each and every precinct that mandates their officers wear arms openly and have big, shiny 'shoot me first' badges located over one of their most vital organs. How can police unions be so uncaring of the safety of their members?
ELSE the wearing of arms openly has a deterrent affect on criminal actions as a whole.

OR, I could just be pullin' that outta thin air and that police wearing distinctive uniforms and openly carrying arms has nothing to do with crime.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I must have missed something in his rant~~~How the hell is carrying concealed, "carrying proud"? Nobody knows if done properly, and if not done properly why do it? I agree, some of the CC crowd wants to shoot somebody, they want the element of surprise to end a life. Where I just want to be left alone, and have no problem with them wanting to look like a victim.

Bet he wears one of those stupid CCW badges hanging around his neck while concealing...:lol:

Last edited:

mikeyb

It's a puff piece. It offers no real consideration to the Constitution nor to the laws applicable to CCW. Outside of the myth of "tactical advantage," it's the plain old statements for carry- open or concealed. "I carry to be safe from those that wish me and mine harm." The article doesn't even offer a chance for people to quickly respond- like a poll. Nobody's gonna read the comments.

Lame article is lame.

Gallowmere

I must have missed something in his rant~~~How the hell is carrying concealed, "carrying proud"? Nobody knows if done properly, and if not done properly why do it? I agree, some of the CC crowd wants to shoot somebody, they want the element of surprise to end a life. Where I just want to be left alone, and have no problem with them wanting to look like a victim.

Bet he wears one of those stupid CCW badges hanging around his neck while concealing...:lol:

Dem badges...this guy...ugh.
[video=youtube;x_VnY0GuusQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_VnY0GuusQ[/video]

lucas340

Dem badges...this guy...ugh.
[video=youtube;x_VnY0GuusQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_VnY0GuusQ[/video]

Maybe this guy needs to go back to Weapon safety 101 how many times does he put his finger inside the trigger guard? And just tossing it around playing with a loaded weapon.

Gallowmere

Maybe this guy needs to go back to Weapon safety 101 how many times does he put his finger inside the trigger guard? And just tossing it around playing with a loaded weapon.

Aside from the booger hook on the trigger, did you notice how many times that idiot got it hung up in his shirt with his thumb method? Or the "give it the ol' spin" (with a Glock, no less)? In a real life or death situation this guy would be screwed. His holster doesn't even have a retention system, and he still managed to pull off about five of the ugliest draws I've ever seen in my life.

I don't even CC, and I'm fully aware that pulling the clothing both away from, and up from the gun with the off-hand is the best way to start the draw process. This dude...if he ever does shoot someone, I'm almost sure it will be either himself (best case) or an innocent bystander (worst case).

Last edited:

lucas340

Aside from the booger hook on the trigger, did you notice how many times that idiot got it hung up in his shirt with his thumb method? Or the "give it the ol' spin" (with a Glock, no less)? In a real life or death situation this guy would be screwed. His holster doesn't even have a retention system, and he still managed to pull off about five of the ugliest draws I've ever seen in my life.

I don't even CC, and I'm fully aware that drawing from concealed is best done by pulling the clothing both away from, and up from the gun with the off-hand is the best way to start the draw process. This dude...if he ever does shoot someone, I'm almost sure it will be either himself (best case) or an innocent bystander (worst case).

I only watched 6 minutes of it (all I could take) but I love how he is basically talking crap about blackhawk serpa holster when he has a 2 dollar nylon holster as you said with no retention

WalkingWolf

Why is it that all these morons who conceal carry have stinkin badges and make sure they print so people will know they have a gun.

Wannabe cops and wannabe superheroes~~that is once they leave Mom's basement.

Gallowmere

Why is it that all these morons who conceal carry have stinkin badges and make sure they print so people will know they have a gun.

Wannabe cops and wannabe superheroes~~that is once they leave Mom's basement.

It is pretty damned ridiculous, and completely counterproductive to their "get the drop on 'em" mentality. If you're gonna go that route, just spare the change for the shoddy badge, and use the cash for a box of ammo while OCing.

solus

sorry if i was CC'g and the bad guy is standing in sight of me within, oh say five feet of me with a firearm, no way in hell would i pull my CC'd firearm like johnny hero, since the chance to spook the bad guy to shoot anybody, myself included is now almost 100%.

nope, my scenario mentality is i stand there like the other good kind folk and act scared and look stupid. Heaven only knows what would occur if the bad guy gets me out of his field of vision...hummmm!!!

now OC'g and the bad guy got that close with a firearm w/o my seeing them...shame on me and i deserve what ever is about to occur...

ipse

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Well, Mr. Michalowski, it seems that you confirm my suspicion that there are a some number of CCers itching to shoot a BG. I desire to not want to shoot anyone is made evident by my OCing.

Your ulterior monetary motive, the CC "industrial complex", is again evident.....follow the money.

Nailed it.

I have respect for CC as a mode of carry (or so I pretend ;)) but I'm rapidly losing any for the "tactical advantage" crowd. It's becoming increasingly clear that their disconnect from reality is, in fact, driven by ulterior motives and fantasies.

All this talk about OC making one a "target" is just so much projection… deep down, subconsciously, the "tactical advantage" crowd hope to become targets. Why else would they pretend to be unarmed?

Last edited:

OC for ME

Nailed it.

I have respect for CC as a mode of carry (or so I pretend ;)) but I'm rapidly losing any for the "tactical advantage" crowd. It's becoming increasingly clear that their disconnect from reality is, in fact, driven by ulterior motives and fantasies.

All this talk about OC making one a "target" is just so much projection… deep down, subconsciously, the "tactical advantage" crowd hope to become targets. Why else would they pretend to be unarmed?
I think they, the CC only crowd, on average, is afeard, as my Appalachia brethren are wont to say from time to time, to OC.....on average, that is.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I think they, the CC only crowd, on average, is afeard, as my Appalachia brethren are wont to say from time to time, to OC.....on average, that is.

Agreed. I do believe most CCers are merely afraid to OC. I've heard people admit as much (in a roundabout way, of course).

I was speaking only of the "tactical advantage" crowd.