Thread: Report says homicides in Milw. up 15% from 2012

West Allis, WI

Report says homicides in Milw. up 15% from 2012

92% of homicide suspects and 76% of homicide victims had prior arrest histories. Of those suspects and victims with prior arrest histories, approximately 88% of the victims and 93% of the suspects were arrested for the first time by the age of 21.
    Why are we letting these criminals back out on the street?!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    To avoid being accused of dealing bottoms/seconds from the social-card deck. Dealers must be politically correct.
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

Why are we letting these criminals back out on the street?!
    I mentioned another aspect of this in my post:Milwaukee's police chief raises the question of whether mandatory arrests are the best way to deal with non-felony domestic abuse. That's after an updated study shows that more abuse victims are likely to die when their attackers are arrested by police, rather than warned. The University of Maryland followed up on a Milwaukee study from the late 1980's, after Wisconsin started requiring mandatory arrests for domestic abuse calls. It showed that 64-percent of the city's abuse victims were more likely to die early from all causes if their partners get arrests instead of warnings. Among African-Americans, the early deaths rise by 98-percent. Police Chief Ed Flynn plans to join the study's main researcher -- Lawrence Sherman -- at a policing conference in London tomorrow to present the new findings. Advocates for abuse victims say the arrests hold abusers accountable, and they question the methods in obtaining the new findings. They say society has changed since the 1980's, and Flynn agrees. He says there's now a much wider array of public-and-private services to address domestic violence, besides just the criminal justice system.
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-12-2014 at 11:42 AM.