Thread: New OC'er in Western KY

New OC'er in Western KY

I moved to the Ballard County area back in September and have chosen to OC. I have been reading a lot of threads and familiarizing myself with the laws before I decided to carry. I moved here from Illinois because of their firearm laws, well one reason anyway and glad I found this site a lot of useful information here. Any OC'ers in this area? I have worked in this area for about 7 years now and I have only seen a couple of carriers in the past few years.
    Last edited by earnhrt79; 03-12-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Hey there earnhrt79, I'm waving a hand from Marshall County, here in western Kentucky. I moved up here back in July of 2012 from central Florida and have only seen one person open carry, and that was in a Wal-Mart. I don't have a CCW permit, so if I wanted to carry a gun, it would have to be open, which is fine with me. My carry gun of choice is a single action, either a .44 Remington cap and ball, or a .45 Colt single action. If It's a cap and ball, I try to be period correct with the holster rig, if it's a .45 SAA, then it's a "Hollywood" holster. I do carry at times, but I still haven't worked up the nerves to walk into Wal-Mart with one yet. After all, a .44/.45 is a pretty big gun, which again, is fine with me.

I have learned quite a lot from this forum, and it's helping me to have the nerves to open carry in public more than I do.

Chief Ten Beers/Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2769.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	11411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uberti Regulator 3.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	11412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4933.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	11413  
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.