• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fifth-Grader Suspended for Exposing Other Students to a ‘Level 2 Lookalike Firearm

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Its hard to swallow some of the crap educators are doing to our kids. I remember going to high school with my 22 hanging in the gun rack in my pickup

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-level-2-lookalike-firearm-guess-what-it-was/
You carry your gun in a rack in your pickup because you know you belong to the land. And the land you belong to is grand! And when you say Yeeow! Ayipioeeay! your only sayin' your doin' fine, Oklahoma! Oklahoma O.K.

In Ohio we used to do the same. Sometime in the 1970ies. (years after the 1968 gun control act) buying long guns and ammo was changed from 17 to 18 years old.

F350

In the 60s I was in Jr High in southern Indiana, we took our shotguns on the bus and wore our hunting jackets in the morning. Left the guns in our hall lockers during the day and walked home shooting rabbits, quail and squirrels. Plus no guy would be caught dead without a 4" folding pouch knife on his belt, I favored the Henry Bear Paw.

Last edited:

RCall

View attachment 11378
This is my knife I carried as a kid and my Boy Scout Handbook, 1959 addition.

My knife was my dads when he was a kid.

I was just going through some of my moms stuff a while back and found my Boy Scout knife and whittling chip card.

When I went to JVS not too long ago we were permitted to carry pocket knives but I'd bet that's changed now.

Also, I have a relative that works at an education facility in a very rural area. For the kids she teaches firearm ownership and hunting are a way of life, and games like cops and robbers, pretend hunting, and cowboys and Indians are inevitably played. If all these kids were disciplined like this 5th grader nobody would be getting an education.

MyWifeSaidYes

Any state law against a parent open carrying a large, holstered hunting knife into a school building?

Large, from a Bowie to a machete.